The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old July 11, 2012, 06:06 PM   #1
rickyrick

PETA Squeals Like Pigs

Has some inflammatory wording but let's put it to a discussion.

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/07/11/p...#axzz20MFFdDr9

Quote:
Columbus, OH --(Ammoland.com)- Just when you thought you’d seen, heard and read it all from the wackos and animal right radicals at PETA—think again.
The clueless folks there recently urged their followers and others in Florida to oppose a proposed wild boar (or feral hog) hunt. The hunt was planned in Sarasota County to reduce problem swine populations.
PETA was really squealing like pigs because the proposed hunting plan would also have permitted the use of dogs to pursue problem pigs. And yes, there would ultimately be hog hunting, killing, and roasting.
In true clueless PETA fashion, the group wrote county officials opposing the hunt because “more animals would move in to use the available resources.” But then the radical group’s arguments become truly bizarre and twisted.
PETA next actually argues that the county could impose hog feeding restrictions, reduce food sources, erect exclusion controls, and incorporate other pig repellants. No mention of whether PETA would pick up the bill for these efforts if they are applied.
Finally comes the real collision of brain cells as PETA notes “If lethal control is insisted upon, hogs should be dealt with humanely, via cage-trapping and euthanasia.” This should come as no surprise as PETA is a group that has been well documented at killing animals—like puppies and dogs from kennels.

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2012/07/11/p...#ixzz20MFaexZm

Last edited by rickyrick; July 11, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old July 11, 2012, 07:25 PM   #2
arch308

PITA= Pain in the A**
Old July 11, 2012, 07:26 PM   #3
rickyrick

I misspelled it lol Freudian slip rofl

Fixed it

Last edited by rickyrick; July 11, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old July 11, 2012, 08:01 PM   #4
thallub

Quote:
PETA next actually argues that the county could impose hog feeding restrictions, reduce food sources, erect exclusion controls, and incorporate other pig repellants. No mention of whether PETA would pick up the bill for these efforts if they are applied.
Holy cow!!!! i hope the county tells PETA to pound sand.

PETA must have nothing but distain for a dedicated pig hunter like myself. Here you go PETA: i killed them in a trap too:

Old July 11, 2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
Got to love PETA, especially when they spout nonsense like this. The good thing is that by publishing nonsensical solutions to real problems, they will continue to be fringe group without any real clout.
Old July 11, 2012, 10:33 PM   #6
grubbylabs

It is amazing how stupid organizations like PETA can be. Any one who has 1/2 a brain knows that they pose a serious threat to native species and habitat.

Nope, the old nag's still dead .
(Capt Charlie)
Old July 11, 2012, 11:56 PM   #7
kilimanjaro

PETA....People Eating Tasty Animals.

These folks claim to be environmentalists, but are really nothing of the sort. They are truly irrational, if not insane.

Their pet adoption policies have alienated more people than they realize. But, they don't care about that. All pets will be sterilized before adoption, if you wanted to raise them, too bad. If you're a single person with a job, you can't take care of your pet to suit them, too bad.
Old July 12, 2012, 10:26 AM   #8
Youngshooter

I was taught to never hate anyone or anything, but PETA dances on that line! I'll classify them as a "radical" group for convenience.
Radical groups aren't there to grumble in your shoes when you find crops destroyed.
Radical groups clearly don't understand the humane nature of the .300RUM cartridge on a hog.
I could go on, but it has already been said millions of times.
Death to the hogs, food for my body.
Old July 12, 2012, 12:02 PM   #9
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

One of the "accounts" I had in Volusia County Fla was an upscale gated community with lots starting at a cool million...

It backed up to an off limits "wildlife sanctuary"... Among the other steps they were taking (hiring me and others to trap) they asked for estimates to "exclude" the hogs...

No fence contractor claimed to be able to build a "Hog Proof" fence system but their estimates to give it a whirl were astronomical to say the least...

Being PAID to make these folks stay inside with their pets one night per week so I could run my redneck dogs in their yards catching the trap shy big hogs was one of my favorite life experiences!!!

The oil leakin' diesel spewing chevy truck I hauled the hogs and dogs in made it all the better...

Brent
Old July 12, 2012, 12:09 PM   #10
rickyrick

What the heck is pig repellent? I understand they'd eat an old radiator hose if need be.... Lol
Old July 12, 2012, 12:53 PM   #11
Saltydog235

Quote:
What the heck is pig repellent?
I've found a hunk of lead traveling at 1500 or so FPS is pretty repellant.
Old July 12, 2012, 12:53 PM   #12
jason_iowa

They are not bad people and I think they probably have good intentions. They simply don't understand the harm they do to animals in the long run. No one is pro animal cruelty and they fight people who truly want to preserve and protect the environment aka hunters and farmers.
Old July 12, 2012, 01:00 PM   #13
BigMikey76

Quote:
What the heck is pig repellent? I understand they'd eat an old radiator hose if need be.... Lol
Try BBQ sauce. Every time I slather it on, the pig disappears in a matter of minutes... Oh, you meant live pigs...

A gun should be a tool in the hands of a deadly weapon, not a deadly weapon in the hands of a tool.
Old July 12, 2012, 01:33 PM   #14
Doyle

I've seen lots of pigs in the bar disappear around closing time.
Old July 12, 2012, 07:32 PM   #15
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
I've seen lots of pigs in the bar disappear around closing time.
They weren't pigs until the next morning....
Old July 12, 2012, 07:40 PM   #16
Strafer Gott

Let's go hawgin',
Just don't domesticate them, ok?

Last edited by Art Eatman; July 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Irrelevancy removed.
Old July 12, 2012, 10:08 PM   #17
Art Eatman
Staff Lead

Let's don't waste more bandwidth on PETA. It's just another go-round of ignorance on their part.