The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 21, 2012, 01:31 AM   #1
rocky.223

imr 4064 and 160gr. hornady ftx

I am still learning the reloading ropes and have a simple question. I use Imr 4064 for my .223 loads and would like to use the same powder for my new to me 1982 marliin 336 but can't find any load data for the hornady ftx bullet I want to use. Is there a specific reason for this? Hornady's website recommends Imr 4895 among others but I was hoping to avoid stocking more powders if I don't have to. I plan to use these huinting this fall so will need reliable accuracy as a priority.
Old June 21, 2012, 11:14 AM   #2
rocky.223

In a sudden fit of common sense i decided to check Hodgons site and lo and behold the data I was looking for, and lots more to boot! A handy little load data app. that was simple to use. I'm sure most of you guys have seen it before but for any interested... http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp
Old June 21, 2012, 04:03 PM   #3
PawPaw

Glad you found what you were looking for. Lots of use the Hogdgon site for the reloading data. It's the first place I look if I have a question.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com