The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 4, 2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Constantine

Traded my XD45 for an FNX-9

I finally traded my XD45..even trade, just as I wanted it to be! I needed another 9mm in my life. Had 6 .45's now I'm down to just 3 and I'm planning to keep it that way, unless it's another 1911 of course..Which I plan on getting more.

Don't get me wrong the XD45 was great..but something about it just didn't make me fall for it. Then right after I purchased a Glock 21sf and it took it over for the most part. For over a year..maybe even 2 years. It stayed in the safe.

$26+ for a box of 50 .45ACP rounds
$9-11 for a box of 50 9mm rounds

I'm in a less financially comforting job and can't have as much fun as I used to. This was a good financial move for me even.

I don't like getting rid of my guns unless I don't like them or want something way better. However lately..It's just business I swear.

Sorry if I rambled. lol Pics from my phone on the next post!
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium. Ímperet ílli Déus, súpplices deprecámur: tuque, prínceps milítiæ cæléstis, Sátanam aliósque spíritus malígnos, qui ad perditiónem animárum pervagántur in múndo, divína virtúte, in inférnum detrúde. Ámen
Old May 4, 2012, 02:04 PM   #2
Constantine

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Old May 4, 2012, 03:52 PM   #3
TunnelRat

Quote:
***?

I also like the FNX 9, so no issues from me there. But that price you just listed for 45 ACP is insane, especially since the price you listed for 9mm is exactly the same as I can get, but I can get 50 rounds of 45 ACP for $17.50, a box of 100 for $36. Now I've also reduced the number of my 45s and been shooting more 9mm lately so I agree with that mentality. But wherever you were getting 45 ACP you were getting completely hosed my friend.
Old May 4, 2012, 04:36 PM   #4
Constantine

lol thanks..It's my city.. for $17 for a box of 50rds of .45?! That would be Tula Ammo..I'm NOT running Tula through my Colt!!! But yes..the prices of .45 are insane here. .40 also. Less variety too. So they name their price. With 9mm it ranges with the lowest being at $9.00 and highest being $12/$13
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium. Ímperet ílli Déus, súpplices deprecámur: tuque, prínceps milítiæ cæléstis, Sátanam aliósque spíritus malígnos, qui ad perditiónem animárum pervagántur in múndo, divína virtúte, in inférnum detrúde. Ámen
Old May 4, 2012, 05:55 PM   #5
Constantine

eh...the magazines are hard to load into the gun. You need to really slap the holy ish out of them to make them go in. Is this a "break in" solution or what?

.-.
Old May 4, 2012, 10:12 PM   #6
TunnelRat

Keep them loaded for a week and it will wear them down.

No $17 around here is for Federal or Winchester. I think Tul is like $16.
Old May 5, 2012, 01:37 AM   #7
Constantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post
Keep them loaded for a week and it will wear them down.

No $17 around here is for Federal or Winchester. I think Tul is like $16.
Loading the magazine into the gun. The rounds into the magazine is easy

Old May 5, 2012, 03:06 AM   #8
Gunnut17

What is with that blue plastic interior on the case? It takes away from the cool factor of the gun.

"|Pistol calibers| all suck, so pick the one you shoot best."
Old May 5, 2012, 09:22 AM   #9
Constantine

I don't know either. But I'm not too happy with the gun..the magazine needs to be slammed in dramatically for it to sit. It's really light which I like..but the magazine pops off so easily when you carry it. Which I was doing just as a text all day at 4 o'clock. It came our twice. Think I want to trade this for something else...

Old May 5, 2012, 09:35 AM   #10
TunnelRat

Quote:
I don't know either. But I'm not too happy with the gun..the magazine needs to be slammed in dramatically for it to sit. It's really light which I like..but the magazine pops off so easily when you carry it. Which I was doing just as a text all day at 4 o'clock. It came our twice. Think I want to trade this for something else...
Are you topping off mags? By this I mean chambering a round and then putting another round back in the magazine. The FNX I had did not have this issue.
Old May 5, 2012, 10:00 AM   #11
ScotchMan

That's unfortunate about the mags. I would give it a few hundred rounds to see if it clears up. I have had guns that do that as well.

Also it sounds like you need to take up reloading sir The difference between 9mm and .45 is negligible for me.

NRA Instructor
NRA Member
Old May 5, 2012, 12:28 PM   #12
Constantine

TunnelRat, yeah. Always do a +1 with whatever I plan to carry. Why?

Scotch Man, lol yes! I would imagine. I probably should. Don't have the time though :/ I wish.

I'll send a few hundred downrange and see what happens.

Old May 5, 2012, 12:48 PM   #13
TunnelRat

Quote:
TunnelRat, yeah. Always do a +1 with whatever I plan to carry. Why?
Try not doing that and seeing if they still pop out. In theory it should work with +1 and it did with the FNX I used to have. However the FNX mags and their springs are loaded up really tight as it is. With a full mag and +1 it's a lot of tension getting it to lock into place and that might be contributing to the issue. Again I would also recommend leaving the mags fully loaded for a week too. It might help reduce some of the spring tension in the mag and maybe alleviate the issue with them popping out.
Old May 5, 2012, 01:05 PM   #14
Sheriff Gotcha

Nice looking firearm right there.. hopefully one day soon, within the next month or so, I will be making that my first purchase. Decided on that over the XD-9 and G17.

Sucks to hear about the mag issue though, hopefully that is not a consistent problem.
Old May 5, 2012, 06:37 PM   #15
plouffedaddy

Mine has been an awesome gun; 0 failures through about 2k. Very accurate in SA mode to boot.

I'm guessing the mag issue is 'break in' but time will tell. I'd load them up for a couple weeks and see if the issue persists. Congrats on the new gun
Old May 5, 2012, 08:43 PM   #16
ghost556

you definitely traded up
Old May 10, 2012, 06:02 PM   #17
Constantine

Couldn't warm up to it. Traded my FNX-9 and my CZ-82 and $260 for a new.....

A brand new.......

Don't hate me.......

Please......

Glock 34 for competition!
Old May 10, 2012, 06:08 PM   #18
WVsig

Constantine you need some serious help.... LOL

Enjoy the Glock....
-Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.-Frank Zappa
Old May 10, 2012, 06:08 PM   #19
Don P

Quote:
$9-11 for a box of 50 9mm rounds
The above is why you may want to get into reloading. Currently with deals I was able to come by for components I am reloading 9 mm for $4.00 box of 50, $80 per 1K
Old May 10, 2012, 06:11 PM   #20
Constantine

WVsig...LMAO I know...I know...since I lost my job as a police officer I've been wacky. I'll try and get back in eventually. Weird way to lost a job. Damn economy.

I need to get into reloading! Sometime...I swear..
Old May 10, 2012, 06:25 PM   #21
Constantine

Speaking of which

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21007438588477/
Old May 11, 2012, 07:37 AM   #22
Don P

Wow, I would have been willing to bet the farm that public service folks would have had a job till retirement baring doing something stupid and getting caught.
Tuff break Consantine. I've been out of work since August, 2011. Seems no one wants to hire a 59 year old geezer.
Old May 11, 2012, 07:54 AM   #23
Constantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don P View Post
Wow, I would have been willing to bet the farm that public service folks would have had a job till retirement baring doing something stupid and getting caught.
Tuff break Consantine. I've been out of work since August, 2011. Seems no one wants to hire a 59 year old geezer.
You and I both :/ you're not an old geezer! It sucks...I'm in my 20's still and it's that bad down here. They fired 155 police officers from Miami-Dade PD already.

Old May 11, 2012, 08:14 AM   #24
Don P

If its not being too nosy, whats going on down there. Up here in the central part of the state most departments are hiring. Sounds like they are doing more that just cleaning house down south
Old May 11, 2012, 09:46 AM   #25
Constantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don P View Post
If its not being too nosy, whats going on down there. Up here in the central part of the state most departments are hiring. Sounds like they are doing more that just cleaning house down south
They're firing officers because of pay. If you were hired within the last 4 years. Some departments are still hiring but it's tough here...really tough. The main department MDPD is laying down the lay offs.