The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 4, 2012, 07:36 AM   #1
BillyJack3

Buck Mark Micro Bull

Hey all! New to this site and really glad I found it. I'm on a couple of platform specific forums but having them all here in one place is great!

I just did a search but didn't come up with what I was looking for so hopefully this question is completely beat up.

I just picked up a Buck Mark Micro Bull from Gander and had a question about mounting an optic. I'll be going with a micro reflex and my questions are:

1) Is there one that mounts to the factory sight rail (non-picatinny). There seems to be a groove and I was wondering if that would work with anything.

2) Are there other options other than the Tac Sol in the $20 range if I need to get a rail? Tac Sol is backordered.

3) Will the standard rail work on the Micro Bull? With the 4" barrel, I just want to be sure.

Thanks for any help you can provide and I look forward to being a contributor to the forum.
Old May 5, 2012, 01:53 AM   #2
BillyJack3

One quick bump.... No comments for the new guy?
Old May 5, 2012, 07:44 AM   #3
railroader

http://www.jackweigand.com/bbm22.html I have this rail on my 5.5 buckmark and it is solid.
Old May 5, 2012, 10:37 AM   #4
danez71

Quote:
1) Is there one that mounts to the factory sight rail (non-picatinny). There seems to be a groove and I was wondering if that would work with anything.

2) Are there other options other than the Tac Sol in the $20 range if I need to get a rail? Tac Sol is backordered.

3) Will the standard rail work on the Micro Bull? With the 4" barrel, I just want to be sure.
1) No... not that Ive ever heard of and with the shape of the factory sight rail I dont see how it would be possible (realistically)

2) Yes. Browning sells one and so do a few others. I'd probably get the Browning one if I didnt get the Tac-Sol one. The Tac=Sol is the only one I know of that has standard sights integrated into making the transistion back and forth easy.

3) Yes.

Welcome to TFL.

This is a good info thread
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=212717