The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 13, 2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Venom1956

HELP! Finding CZ 75 SA in WI?

Hey guys I need all TFL members in WIs help.

After all the problems with getting a SP-01 Shadow I am now looking for a CZ75 SA or CZ75 Shadow T (if possible) If any dealer you know of has one PLEASE let me know. I don't care if its overpriced or 4 hours from where I live. I need to see how it feels in hand before I order it, is it more CZ75 feeling or SP-01?

Hopefully I can find one. But I am doubtful.

Thank you.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph.
Old April 15, 2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Venom1956

Sadface,

Is there anyone who would let me hold theirs?
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
Old April 15, 2012, 03:57 PM   #3
Jo6pak

I believe that the SA is the same grip/frame as the DA/SA 75b. The only difference is the trigger mechanism.

Mainstream (in Winona, MN) had a CZ75b in stock last week when I was up there.
Or, maybe, hit up a gunshow?
Old April 15, 2012, 05:37 PM   #4
railroader

I have a 75sa and a sp-01 shadow. The beavertails feel very similar but the 75sa feels a tad smaller in circumference in the grip. The 75sa seems to balance a little better because it isn't as front heavy. A standard 75b da/sa feels a little different because of the beavertail on it. You can't get quite as high a grip with it.
Old April 15, 2012, 06:07 PM   #5
Hammerhead

Quote:
Mainstream (in Winona, MN) had a CZ75b in stock last week when I was up there.
Gone now. I was there Saturday and there were no CZs or clones. Last CZ75 I saw on a shelf was in the Onalaska Gander Mtn a couple months ago.

If you're near LaCrosse/Winona we could meet at the Holmen R&G club and you can shoot my 75B/Kadet if you like. (BYOA)
Old April 15, 2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Venom1956

Quote:
I believe that the SA is the same grip/frame as the DA/SA 75b. The only difference is the trigger mechanism.
The SA 75 has a beavertail which interests me.

Hammerhead, I appreciate the offer sir. I actually own a CZ85 but I haven't tried a kadet! perhaps if i find myself out that way I'll let u know and of course ammo is on me! (I leave near the wausau area)
Old April 15, 2012, 06:40 PM   #7
Wishoot

I have a Phantom you can take for a spin. I'm in the Ozaukee County area.
Old April 15, 2012, 10:20 PM   #8
Patriot86

If you are willing to deal with the PITA of having guns shipped cross state lines I THINK I saw a CZ75B-SAO @ GAT Guns in Dundee, IL this last Friday.

Worth giving them a call for the cost of shipping a gun you really like and the transfer.
Old April 16, 2012, 12:38 PM   #9
Venom1956

Well, I am not positive if I want the CZ75 SA.

I'd like to feel it in hand. Ordering it isn't an issue, what happened was I ordered a SP-01 Shadow Target thinking it would feel like a CZ75 with nice beavertail but the changed the ergonomics slightly and I found it uncomfortable compared to the standard CZ75... It was a costly mistake and I felt like a jerk when I told my LGS that I was unhappy with it after they special ordered it for me, I am one of the people they don't require to but money down to order something. So I insisted they let me cover
the restocking fee and it was sent back.

I mean seriously why CHANGE the egros on the CZ75?! thats like changing them on a 1911 or glock?! That's how they are!

I then I found the Sphinx3000 which is also nice but it cannot accept CZ parts or mags and the new versions that KRISS is importing are ugly compared to the sabre defense ones...

So now im back to CZ guns the CZ75 SA and the Stainless models both have beavertails much like the SP-01 they just lack the full dust cover. I suppose a Stainless CZ with beavertail would work also. If anyone knows where I can handle one of those.

Last edited by Venom1956; April 16, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old April 17, 2012, 10:44 AM   #10
Walt Sherrill

The BEAVERTAIL is different on the SA guns. It's also different on the Stainless models -- which have a similar beavertail to the SA. I think you'll see more and more of the newer models with the extended beavertail.

I don't understand WHY it felt different to you -- as my 75B SA (9mm) felt exactly the same to me as my other CZs. And except for the extended beavertail, I couldn't find a difference. (I think I had the SA for several months before I noticed that the beavertail had been extended!)

I wonder if the GRIPS were different, and caused the different feel?

You can convert the standard 75B to SA if you want. I don't think it would be easy to install the larger safety levers -- except, perhaps, on an 85 Combat (which is also ambidextrous.) The 85 Combat converted to SA, with the larger safety levers might be an interesting option. (No firing pin block.)
Old April 17, 2012, 01:23 PM   #11
Venom1956

WALT NOOOOOOOOO! U misunderstood. or I worded it poorly.

Actually the beavertail didn't feel different then the regular CZ75! (I handled the stainless steel model.) Which is why I want to try shooting one. Its kind of the middle ground of the SP-01 and the CZ75 Has the beavertail like SP-01 but not the funky egros of the SP-01. I just wanted to try handling one possibly shooting it to see if the beavertail helped rapid firing or recoil control.
Old April 17, 2012, 01:57 PM   #12
Walt Sherrill

I've not been able to handle an SP-01, yet, so haven't experienced any changes in ergonomics. I thought the grip itself (what your hand holds and can reach) was unchanged. Shows what I know...

That being the case, you need to look into a CZ-85 Combat with the SA safety levers installed. If you really want SAO, have the 85 Combat converted to SA, and install the two-way adjustable trigger. (Can't do that trigger in a da/sa gun.)

I'd deal directly with the Custom Shop, have them order it and do the action work, swap out the trigger and levers, and grin like a sated cat when it finally comes in. (They'll ship to your FFL.)