The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old November 23, 2011, 04:49 PM   #26
sharpFP

Firing problems

Having the same problem as Utah with the same caliber 30-06. It will fire maybe 4 times then 4 misfires. If you find anything else out let me know. I just purchased Rem Core lokt to try but sounds like it won't make a difference. Ill let you know if I find anything out too, doesn't sound like sending it in is a great idea?
Old November 24, 2011, 11:42 AM   #27
pbrktrt

Demand a full refund and buy a Vanguard. A better rifle IMO and in the remote case it's needed. CS second to none. You're dealing with a family, not a conglomerate. Just my 2 pennies.
Old November 24, 2011, 12:31 PM   #28
rugerfreak

My Venture, a .30-06 also, has been flawless and accurate--but its under recall, which I doubt if I'll send it in.
Old November 24, 2011, 11:05 PM   #29
Joe Chicago

Your customer service experience at TC remind me of my experiences with Remington. I had to contact the factory about problems with two new rifles in three months.
Old November 26, 2011, 12:21 AM   #30
UtahGrouse

SharpFP - I was never able to get the problem straightened out in terms of getting a working rifle. I did end up getting a refund though, or at least I was told to expect a refund check in the the mail, hopefully it will arrive in a few weeks. And it only took me 3 months of calling a couple times a week
Old January 16, 2012, 05:18 PM   #31
powell11b

I had some misfire problems as well and had to take the bolt apart completely to clean packing grease off of it. Took a minute to figure out how to do it since T/C doesn't include the instructions in the manual or give u the tool to do so. So, I just made an Instructable on how to disassemble the bolt completely. Follow this link: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...-Ven/?ALLSTEPS

Tags
barrel , t.c. , thompson center , venture , warranty