The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 4, 2011, 11:13 PM   #26
mrawesome22

Time between shots can get boring.

I take the 22s and listen to music.
Old November 5, 2011, 01:01 AM   #27
Hog Buster

There are three types of people who recognize the skill involved in shooting very small groups like yours.

First, the type who have never shot such a group, never will, and are green with envy that you did. They’ll whoop and holler about the fact that it isn’t a 5, 10, 20, or whatever, shot group. It’s just an attempt to diminish your ability due to lack of it on their part.

Second is the type who on occasion shoot a similar group. They are acutely aware of the difficulty in doing so. These are quick to give accolades for a job they perceive as well done, with no strings attached.

Third are the ones who have the skill to repeat such a feat almost at will. They know that their abilities are outstanding, so they are usually magnanimous. In most cases you at least get an “Attaboy” from them.

I wish I could be magnanimous, but I can’t. I’ve never reached that plateau, but I’m still trying. So I’ll just say,..... ”Well Done”........ Hog