The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 28, 2011, 01:38 PM   #1
sixgunkid

1847 Colt Walker

I am searching for a replica of this pistol for a Lonesome Dove Display I am putting together. Anyone beside Uberti make a (Firing or non-firing) replica of this pistol?

Thanks
Old August 28, 2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Hawg Haggen

You might find an ASM or Palmetto on one of the auction sites.
Old August 28, 2011, 04:35 PM   #3
sixgunkid

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a link to the auction sites you mentioned?
Old August 28, 2011, 05:12 PM   #4
Fingers McGee

I've got an ASM for sale for $350 under the 'Buy, Sell, and Trade' heading at the top of this page.

Auction sites:

www.Gunbroker.com
www.AuctionArms.com
www.GunsAmerica.com

The last time I looked, there were half dozen or more listed on GB
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Last edited by Fingers McGee; August 28, 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old August 28, 2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Bill Akins

Welcome to the forum Sixgunkid.

The only NON firing replica 1847 Colt Walker I have seen is this insanely expensive Japanese one for $430.00 at this link......
http://www.tokyohobby.net/harthord-c...model-gun.html

Of course that price is because that's all the Japanese can have is non firing models. But for that insane above price, you could get a FIRING one on Gunbroker.com firearms auctions for much less. Or as Fingers mentioned he has one for sale here at the black powder buy sell trade forum for $350.00 which is $80.00 less than the NON firing Japanese Walker model.

Would you settle for this NON firing 2nd model Dragoon for $89.00 instead of the actual Walker? Perhaps you could modify it to look like a Walker. The only basic differences are a slightly shorter cylinder and barrel (I think) and the rammer has a different catch.
http://www.historicreplicaguns.com/colt-dragoon.html

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; August 28, 2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old August 28, 2011, 07:58 PM   #6
MJN77

Dixie gun works had firing Uberti Walkers for $375, or in kit form for $315. Actually, the non-kit walkers are out of stock.
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...oducts_id=2033
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...oducts_id=1022
Old August 29, 2011, 07:27 PM   #7
Hardy

I have an unfired 3rd gen colt walker w/ box and flask. The 150 anniversary $895.00

WBH
Old September 2, 2011, 04:14 PM   #8
Gaucho Gringo

I have an ASM 1847 Walker that I have been thinking about selling. I bought it about a year ago and have not fired it yet. It is in good condition. If you are interested I could send you some pictures.
.357 Taurus Gaucho, .22 Heritage RR, 2-Pietta 1858 .44 NMA Remingtons, Euroarms & ASM .36 1851 Navies, .31 Uberti Baby Dragoon, 12 ga H&R Topper, 16 Ga Western Field, .43 Spanish Remington Rolling Block, .44 ASM Colt Walker, High Point C9 9mm, Winchester 1906 .22, Rossi 62 .22 rifle, Uberti 1860 and IJ .32 S&W BreakTop, .36 Euroarms 1858, .32 S&W long H&R
Old September 3, 2011, 06:44 AM   #9
Roaddog

Sixgunkid I have a ASM new not fired I'll let go for $300.00 + shipping. Looks like ya got a lot of choices. shoot me a PM if ya would like it.
Old September 3, 2011, 01:43 PM   #10
Doc Hoy

The ASMs I have

are all solid revolvers and fun to shoot. so either of the ones offered above would be great. And of course Hardy's Colt stands on its own merit.

I am going shooting tomorrow and I think I'll just take one of the big revolvers along.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson