The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old January 25, 2001, 12:28 AM   #26
handgun357

I hate it when that happens!!!!!!!!!
Old January 25, 2001, 03:02 PM   #27
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

Hey guys not only is dumbassedness a word its also a VERY serious disease! You see, I know that for a fact, because I have some in-laws that are "ate up with the dumbassedness". the sad part about the whole thing is there is no known medical cure for it!
Old January 25, 2001, 04:04 PM   #28
Thibault

ROTFL!
We see that kind of dumbassedness (thanx, Al!) every single year with the winter caribou hunting morons: they shoot trucks, snowmobiles, trailers, you name it!
Speaking of girls and guns... my wife's friend had never shot anything but a .22, and decides to go deer hunting with her boyfriend and his old man. They give her a scoped 308, and get to the field. They left her at the edge, giving her instructions to set the crosshairs on, and pull the trigger.
Five minutes after they left for their stands, they hear a shot from the field. They run back to where they left the girl, find her K-O'd , bleeding from the most perfect scope-eye one has ever seen.
She said she saw a deer, did what she was told and blacked-out. They went to the edge of the woods, where she had seen the deer, and found a nice four pointer dead in its tracks. She never went back hunting, and really doesn't understand why her boyfriend takes a week off every year to go hunting and doesn't always get deer...

Old January 28, 2001, 12:32 AM   #29
Kobra

I got the best one.....

My fiancee's uncle is driving thru Alabama on I65 and suddenly his arm breaks. Him and his companions pull over and turn on the lights to discover blood going everywhere. Apparently two idiots had decided to shoot a 30-30 after dark in their backyard. They sent a round out over the highway and hit him in a main artery off of his heart while he was driving 70 or so miles an hour. He lived but only thanks to a passerby and an airlift.

The two idiots tried to deny it at first....now up for reckless wandon endangerment.