The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 7, 2011, 12:53 AM   #1
Psychbiker

Powder Funnel PTX....How to Install?

I have my LNL setup but was convinced the Powderfunnel PTX was a good idea to buy. I can now add a taper crimp and powder check die or maybe fab the Dillon powder check.

How do I install the Powder Funnel PTX? It came with no directions and the site isnt the greatest either. Pictures would be great.

Thanks
Old June 7, 2011, 07:19 AM   #2
micksis86

I have one too. I removed the original thing that was in there i can't recall the name at the moment. Three of them came with the press and you're supposed to change it depending on the length of the cartridge your using. Well anyway that thing. I

I took that out and put the PTX in.
It took alot of messing around but it's definatelt an advantage. I still haven't got mine quite right it expands the case so much that it hits the outside of the seating die sometimes. So I still have to mess around with it a bit.

Hope that helps.
Old June 7, 2011, 03:32 PM   #3
gregjc9

Here's the instructions on their web site. The big thing to remember is to adjust the part in the yellow box so that the arms on the rotor are aligned horizontally after you get the amount of flare you want. Takes a little fussing to get right, but so far mine seems to work well.

Greg