The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 10, 2011, 12:31 PM   #1
Taptap

Got my new TT Gunleather Slim IWB. Took a couple Pics

It has arrived! Gotta love it when a grown man starts waiting by the door for a package.
It looks fantastic. The color is a perfect, deep brown that is exactly what I was looking for. I got an extra set of loops in black, as well, so that I can blend it in with any belt/pant combo. The fit is good. The pistol rides at a good height with enough of the slide below the belt to stabilize the unit.

It should be a very comfortable set up It is as slim as this type of holster can be, without the reinforced opening. Obviously, this is how I asked for it to be made and I was pleased to have the option. I really do not see it being an issue and welcome the little bit of savings in width.
The real test of the comfort of the non-reinforced style and the overall TT gunleather design will come once it has been worn in. Right now, it is as stiff as it will ever be, so I can't honestly give it a true review yet. But, from what I can tell so far, this is a great holster and the highest quality leather build I have ever owned. I have tried (never owned) a VMII and have owned various all leather holsters in many different styles, so I do have a basis for comparison.
ANyways, I'll do another review in six months, or so. Until then, here are some pictures:

Old March 10, 2011, 02:36 PM   #2
The Great Mahoo

Looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing! I'll be looking forward to a later review, but I'm sure that'll hold up quite well.

I really need to get off my duff and choose a new holster for my revolver...
Old March 18, 2011, 11:54 AM   #3
BradS

Great looking quality holster. I emailed a question to the maker and he was very prompt in responding.
The High Rise Pancake holster really meets my needs,but the 24 week wait is a killer.