The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 12, 2011, 07:07 PM   #1
Pahoo

Another orphan comes home with me.

I've posted this before, but from time to time, I run across a side-lock that is no longer wanted. There are still many quality side-locks out there but you have to look for then. I know because I run into them, about twice or three times a year. Today at a local gun show, there it was, on a dealer's table, just calling to me to give it a good home. The bore is suspect but will see how it cleans up and the price was right. I have saved many a bore !!!

This one is a TC-Hawken, .50Cal., Pre-Stamp, say late 70's, early 80's. The model is not even stamped on the barrel but that is what it is. These are more desireable than the unmarked ones. Most of these come from old fat guys, like myself and the kids don't want them or would rather have the in-lines. There loss and my gain. .....

Are you guys seeing the same trend as I ? .....

Be Safe !!!
Old March 12, 2011, 07:22 PM   #2
kwhi43

I Just bought one just like that today off Auction Arms today. What did you pay for yours? Do you attend any shoots in Iowa? I know several people
there. Pevine, Campbell, so on. I'm in Kansas City
Old March 14, 2011, 12:15 AM   #3
4V50 Gary
Staff

moved to correct forum