The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 19, 2010, 09:36 PM   #1
Jack Bauer

Triple K holsters?

I've been looking for an original Bianchi "Askins Avenger" holster for a 5" 1911 (my Ed Brown Special Forces) with no luck. Today I happened upon The Cowboy and Shooters Supply (http://www.cowboyneeds.com/660.html) who advertise a Triple K "Barrio" belt slide holster. From the pictures they show, this is probably the closest approximation to the Bianchi that I've found. Does anyone have any experience with these? Any opinions as to quality, durability, etc? The price seems pretty good, but I'm not sure about Triple K having not heard anything about them.

I appreciate any insight. Thanks.

I started out with nothing and still have most of it.
Old November 25, 2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Cowboy_mo

I had Triple K holsters for my hunting .22s for years. They were very wel made and lasted for years & years. I still have one around here somewhere .... don't you hate moving and then having wives put things in secure places for you
Old November 25, 2010, 05:32 PM   #3
Bailey Boat

I use Triple K belt slides for my concealed guns (Colt Defender and S&W J frame) and I change them yearly since they are worn daily, day in and day out. They only cost <25.00 so I don't mind..... Quality is good but the loops will enlarge over time....
Old December 16, 2010, 07:45 PM   #4
Alden

I have two triple K belts and one holster. I think for the money they are very good quality leather, not the best, but certainly not the worst either.
Old December 16, 2010, 08:45 PM   #5
wnycollector

I have two Triple K Secret Agent Holster's. They are pretty decent for the price.
Old December 16, 2010, 09:01 PM   #6
Alden

I just got a Ranger belt. Very sturdy, pretty leather, and about $20 less than everyone else.