The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old September 11, 2010, 03:06 PM   #26
SigP6Carry

at the risk of outing myself. I checked yes on the box. I didn't add anything to it, but I checked yes. Because I have been diagnosed with insomnia, treated for alcoholism, depression and anxiety (I think they're all the same thing, too be honest) and spent time on and off medication for all of them. I figured "I'll just be honest, and if I get denied, I'll appeal it" and, you know what? Illinois gave me my FOID and nics let me buy guns. I'm guessing they saw that, did the check, so nothing but sporadic prescriptions and doctors' notes and said "hey, at least he told the truth."

Since the first time, though, I've switched to saying no to that question. Cause I think what they really mean is hospitalized or deemed mentally insane.