|August 2, 2010, 08:32 PM||#1|
Join Date: March 1, 2009
Location: Dayton OH
DW CBOB firing pin removal
I need to remove the firing pin, it is a series 70 I guess because I have a disassembly video for a series 80 and mine does not have the firing pin plunger.
It is a Dan Wesson CBOB 45acp. Any help would be appreciated.
|August 2, 2010, 09:25 PM||#2|
Join Date: January 2, 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO.
It is exactly like the series 80 except there is no firing pin blocking plunger.
1) take slide off gun
2) slide upside down on bench
3) take ink pen and press firing pin in
4) with firing pin pressed in, press ink pen up against hole in the firing pin stop, pushing the firing pin stop up until the firing pin stop blocks the firing pin
5) pull ink pen out
6) put finger over back of slide to catch spring loaded firing pin
7) use pen to press the firing pin stop up and out of the slide
The firing pin will jump out against your finger.
MSSA Life Member
Last edited by HuntAndFish; August 2, 2010 at 09:36 PM.