|December 8, 2000, 02:13 PM||#1|
Join Date: October 7, 2000
H&L Publications is pleased to announce the release of a new Luger Ebook.
The Ebook represents the state of the art for books on firearms, and sets a
new and demanding standard for such works. It includes two animated
technical drawings of the internal workings of the Luger.
You can download it at this url : http://www.users.skynet.be/HL-Editions/index.html
When you download the Ebook, you will be able to access the home page which
contains information about it and its contents. Here is a brief summary of
The Luger toggle lock system
- How the Luger toggle lock works.
- Why is the toggle rear link's tail essential ?
- What will happen if the toggle tail is removed?
- The Luger firing process (with animated technical drawing).
- How to determine if a Luger has fired a lot of rounds.
- The recoil buffer and how the toggle works (with animated technical
- The forward toggle link extension lever.
- The classic jam.
- What happens if the forward toggle link extension lever is suppressed ?
Troubles with the Luger
- The Achilles heel.
- Troubles with the hold-open device.
On the plus side of the ledger
- Positive feeding and extraction.
- Constant headspace from shot to shot.
- Uniform ignition.
- The Colt .45 wears at 10 times the rate of the Luger.
- Grip shape and chamber loaded indicator.
Loading the Luger
- Loading combinations.
- Recommended loads.
- Fine pre-WW I Lugers loads.
- 1930's Mauser Luger adapted for heavier loads.
- A highly recommended precaution.
- The real secret of loading ammunition for the Luger.
- A practical way to shape bullets.
- The system, with three parts rotating in non-parallel planes, is a target
- One area that requires attention.
- The sear bar engaging surface.
- Parts that must be smooth.
- A loose side plate.
Luger sights and their maintenance
- Luger sights were made in various heights.
- Typical sighting tools.
- Rear sight V or U notch.
- Two current safety systems.
- 1916 sear alteration.
Unusual Luger safety devices
- The "Schiwy Sicherung".
- The "Walther Sicherung".
Luger P08 field stripping
Luger P08 advanced dismounting