The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 30, 2010, 09:36 PM   #1
omahahaha

LE trade in glocks

Glock 22 for $399 at Cabela's this week. Good deal? What should I look for?
Old March 31, 2010, 06:17 AM   #2
BeerSleeper

Look for something else. Either a different gun, or a different caliber. Glock .40's kaboom too often due to the weak chamber.
Old April 2, 2010, 05:46 PM   #3
rsxr22

That is a real good price on G22's, id go for it depending on condition. And dont listen to the previous poster. Glocks have had there problems like many other guns, but i have plenty of rounds through mine without any problems, buy with confidence
Old April 2, 2010, 07:06 PM   #4
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerSleeper
Look for something else. Either a different gun, or a different caliber. Glock .40's kaboom too often due to the weak chamber.
Unless the firearm in question is an older generation, I suggest further research regarding your statement.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old April 3, 2010, 12:54 PM   #5
Webleymkv

The .40 S&W Glock KB's were, to my understanding, an issue of ammunition as much as anything. Certain .40 S&W ammo (180grn Federal Hydra-Shoks in particular) is somewhat prone to excessive bullet setback if the same cartridge is chambered too many times. The .40 S&W cartridge is rather sensitive to changes in internal case capacity and bullet setback can cause great increases in pressure. This, combined with Glock's unsupported chamber, created the perfect storm and KB. If you are careful about your selection of ammunition and how many times you chamber a given round, I doubt you'll have issues. The Glock 22 and its brother the G23 are both very popular among law enforcement, I doubt this would be so if there were a pandemic of KB's.
Old April 3, 2010, 01:00 PM   #6
bapfreak

I actually had a Corbon 9mm bullet come out of the casing after chambering the round multiple times in my XD. I was shocked that this was possible. I guess you just have to get rid of your chambered round ever once in a while.