The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 18, 2010, 12:41 PM   #26
BigJimP

The gloves I use for shooting ( cold, wet, or even when its really hot ) is Foot Joy Rain Grip winter golf gloves, they sell them in pairs, they're black synthetic material - so they keep you warm even when wet / or absorb some of the sweat on really hot days ( like over 100 degrees / where touching a hot barrel in a tournament isn't fun )..

They give me a good positive grip on the gun as well...

I've tried Bob Allen, other leather, etc - and I keep coming back to the rain grip Foot Joy gloves .... 2 pair lasts me a full year easy.

Glad to hear your wife is in it too / I'm a reloader as well - for 12, 20, 28ga and .410 ( and I use the MEC hydraulics, 9000 HN loaders ) - but the Grabber or the 9000 GN are good loaders as well - if you don't have room for the hydraulics.

Have fun ...
Old March 18, 2010, 05:17 PM   #27
sks

Thanks for the glove tip BigJim. I'll look into that. I assume you can get those at a Wal-Mart or sporting goods store? Am headed that way in a bit and to look at that Stoeger M2000 I'm drooling over.
Old March 18, 2010, 05:29 PM   #28
BigJimP

Golf stores around here carry them ...the big golf stores anyway ... I've never seen them anywhere else ( its a secret ... )..

Golf stores have lead tape too ... in pkg's about 6oz .... and it works good under the forend of a lot of guns if you want to add about 8 oz up front / then put another 8 oz inside the stock / so the gun stays balanced between your hands ... and another lb in gross weight means about 20% less recoil ...

Golf stores are always amazed when I buy 3 or 4 pairs of gloves / 3 or 4 packages of the lead tape ( they think I'm an insane golfer - since I buy so much at one time ..)..
Old March 18, 2010, 08:10 PM   #29
swmp9jrm

Quote:
Quote:
Does the BPS have the magazine cutoff option? I really like that in the SuperNova.
No, it does not have a magazine cutoff.
Actually, the BPS Trap DOES have a magazine cutoff.
Old March 19, 2010, 10:53 PM   #30
artsmom

If you think a BPS is smooth, (and they are) try one of the new Ithaca Model 37s made in Sandusky, Ohio.

That will be my next shotgun, price be damned.