The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 26, 2010, 10:28 PM   #1
BILLDAVE

Browning and Winchester Manufacture

Are Browning and Winchester Shotguns both made at FN Herstal in Belgium? Couldn't find any info on thier website.
Thanks,
BILLDAVE
Old February 26, 2010, 10:40 PM   #2
KevinBeyerJr

http://www.browning.com/customerserv...tail.asp?id=90

Where Browning Guns are Manufactured (above)

http://www.winchesterguns.com/librar...ail.asp?id=116

Where Winchester guns are being Manufactured

It depends on what shot guns you are refering to. In some cases it does seem that they might be made at the same plant.
Old February 26, 2010, 10:43 PM   #3
KevinBeyerJr

I hate to double post, but...

According to Wikipedia:

Quote:
On August 15, 2006, Olin Corporation, owner of the Winchester trademarks, announced that it had entered into a new license agreement with Browning to make Winchester brand rifles and shotguns, though not at the closed Winchester plant in New Haven. Browning, based in Morgan, Utah, and the former licensee, U.S. Repeating Arms Company, are both subsidiaries of FN Herstal. In 2008 FN Herstal announced plans to produce Model 70 rifles at its plant in Columbia, SC.
Old February 26, 2010, 11:16 PM   #4
BILLDAVE

Thanks, My gunshop recieved my SX3 and were surprised, in a good way, that this shot gun was from FN Herstal. They commented on the quality. They usally don't deal in new guns, but they said that that is a good shop. I'm soooo excited to pick it up tomorrow. But I thought I was buying American made. At least it isn't made in China.
BILLDAVE
Old February 27, 2010, 12:05 PM   #5
LanceOregon

Most of their shotguns are made at the FN Herstal facilities in Belgium, and then assembled in a factory in Portugal.

The last two decades that it was in production the Browning Auto 5 was made in Japan by Miroku. Miroku also makes the Browning BPS shotguns.