The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 31, 2010, 09:58 AM   #1
RogH

Holster suggestions

I'm new to TFL and new to CC. I've purchased a Glock Model 36 and have looked at the numerous types and manufacturers of holsters. I'm considering a 3 slot pancake holster with a thumb break, Gould & Goodrich or Blackhawk. I'm curious what others are using and what you could recommend.
Old January 31, 2010, 11:34 AM   #2
madmag

I have a G36 I carry daily. I use a cheap nylon Blackhawk (no thumb break) belt holster. It actually conceals very well. I do have expensive leather holsters for some of my other CC guns, but the nylon Blackhawk works very well.

Also, my other holsters with thumb break works good, but pulling my G36 from the Blackhawk seems almost easier than the thumb break type.
Old January 31, 2010, 12:39 PM   #3
stargazer65

I don't know how much you want to spend but you might look at the Cross Breed. I just got a supertuck and really like it. See my thread:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=395974
Old February 4, 2010, 02:32 PM   #4
dairycreek

Take a good, long look at FIST. Great holsters and very reasonable prices and you don't have to wait forever. http://www.fist-inc.com/

GOOD SHOOTING
Old February 15, 2010, 09:29 AM   #5
markman

I prefer the Raven Phantom. It's a kydex holster that can be truly worn IWB or OWB very comfortably.

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/
Old February 15, 2010, 01:28 PM   #6
Sixer

Buy more than one brand or style if you can afford to. Holsters are hard to recommend because everyone has their own personal preferance. I CCW with a Galco IWB holster worn at about 4 o'clock... but who's to say that you would be comfortable with that setup?

I started off with a Don Hume IWB carrying a Glock 23 at about 1 o'clock. Lol, I'll never go back to appendix carry. I guess my point is that you just have to try as many options and combonations as you can. If your serious about CCW, don't be afraid to spend a little bit of money on holsters. You can always sell the ones that don't work out for ya

-There is no theory of evolution... Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
Old February 16, 2010, 09:25 PM   #7
boston

Safariland model 0701. Two levels of retention. You never have to worry about losing the gun or having it taken from you. Very comfortable for all day wear. Not for everyone, and due to the two levels of retention, practice drawing is a must. Same goes for any holster. Good luck with what ever holster you chose.