The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 27, 2009, 03:43 PM   #26
dances with guns

trijicons are machined from solid billet steel, where as meprolight and glock brand night sites are cast. considering the cost is similar, i would go with trijicons for the durability.

my local smith mentioned to me the other day he has seen issues with the cheaply made cast night sites.
Old December 27, 2009, 04:15 PM   #27
AK103K

I've replaced a number of sets of older Trijicons now with Meprolights, and never had any issue with the Mepros. Some sets are now going on 8 years of fairly constant shooting and use, and still are bright and intact. I dont know if its perception, or if in fact there is a difference, but the Mepros seem to be brighter, and larger to me, even with the newer sights.

Price wise, the difference is about $20-40 a set, depending where you get them, with the Mepros being cheaper.

Zeitgeist - The Movie
Old December 27, 2009, 04:22 PM   #28
roman3

Quote:
trijicons are machined from solid billet steel, where as meprolight and glock brand night sites are cast. considering the cost is similar, i would go with trijicons for the durability.

my local smith mentioned to me the other day he has seen issues with the cheaply made cast night sites.
Not my experience at all. Meps are high quality and I have seen no real issues. Perception is that they are brighter and bigger. I'm pretty sure Glock night sights are meprolights.

Glock question?

Glock answer!

Non ported!!

Old December 27, 2009, 04:24 PM   #29
roman3

IF Glocks are good enough for the Swedish Army! By gum!!!

There good enough for everyone

Tags
glock , glock accessories , glock night sights , glock questions , ported barrel