The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 23, 2000, 03:18 PM   #1
Aaron Little

This is my first post on this forum so I apologize in advance if I have broken protocol. I posted this question on three different sections, "Handguns and Pistol Craft", "Reports from the Range", and "F/CQC: Alternative Force/Close Quarters Combat" because I was not sure where it should go.

Does any one have any experience with a Firearms School in Southern Ohio called Tactical Defense Institute? What are your thoughts on the instructors, the program, and the facility? Their web site (www.tdiohio.com) lists a nice array of course offerings, but very little about the teaching credentials of the cadre.

Thank you for any help you can provide on this question.

Aaron K Little
Progressive Edge Combat Arts
"PFS of KY"
Lexington Kentucky
Old February 23, 2000, 04:06 PM   #2
Matt VDW

I don't have any experience with TDI, but I plan to attend one of their classes someday. The fact that they're within a two hour drive of my house is a big factor in their favor.
Old February 24, 2000, 08:13 AM   #3
Rosco Benson

I was at their facility several years ago when I attended a YFA/Louis Awerbuck Level II shotgun class they hosted. Since this was a YFA course, I can offer no opinion on their own TDI courses. The facility was fairly spartan, but nice, and I understand that they've made improvements and additions. TDI honcho John Benner was a student in the YFA class and is a nice and knowledgeable guy. That's about all I can tell you.

Rosco