The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 24, 2009, 12:31 AM   #1
wilkup

GLOCK 26 vs. CZ 2075 RAMI BD

Please help me decide between the 2 of these?

I'm in the process of finding a SD gun that I will be carrying in either a belt holster or an ankle if possible. I have narrowed it down to 9mm.

I am a member of the CZ Forum and ran this question by them there but figured I would see what you all think about this match since it's a much less biased group. I intend to mount the Pearson grip extension onto the bottom of each magazine.

Here are the dimensions of each:

CZ 2075 RAMI BD

Length: -6.6 inches
Barrel Length: -3 inches
Sight Radius: -4.9 inches
Width: -1.3 inches
Height W/Mag: -4.7 inches
Weight W/Empty Mag: -24.5 oz.
Weight W/Full Mag: -28.6 oz.
Magazine Capacity: -10

GLOCK 26

Length: -6.29 inches
Barrel Length: -3.46 inches
Sight Radius: -5.67 inches
Width: -1.18 inches
Height W/Mag: -4.17 inches
Weight W/Empty Mag: -19.75 oz.
Weight W/Full Mag: -26.1 oz.
Magazine Capacity: -10

Last edited by wilkup; November 24, 2009 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Just trying to get the spacing right...
Old November 24, 2009, 12:41 AM   #2
BanditSRT8

Both are fine weapons and either would serve you well.

That being said, my preference would be the Glock. Here's why:

Glock is smaller and lighter.

No extraneous protrusions on the Glock such as a hammer or safety lever/slide lock to snag on anything during draw (this is my biggest reason)

Easier to grasp slide on Glock, CZ slides are notoriously short (top to bottom) making them a little more difficult to get a sure grasp on.

Glock will have a consistent trigger pull from first to last shot. CZ is a DA/SA trigger pull.

Glock is a little less expensive.

Glock is totally reliable to buy as a used weapon if you want to save more $ also.

More readily available holsters in stock most everywhere in most every style for the Glock.
XD9 SC 2 tone | Glock 19 "Cogan Custom" | HK45 | HK P7M8 | HK P30 | Kimber Eclipse Pro II | Springfield EMP | Glock 19 TALO Limited Edition | S&W 1911 Doug Koenig Edition Bi-Tone | EAA Witness Elite "MATCH" | XD40 Service V10 ported "Custom" | Ruger LCP | S&W M&P15 w/EOTech | GSG-5 L | FN FS2000 w/EOTech
Old November 24, 2009, 01:35 AM   #3
wilkup

While I like the Glock trigger pull consistency, I have heard some people tell horror stories of the chambered round going off when holstering the weapon. I am interested to know if there is anyone on this forum who has experienced this FIRSTHAND, not hearsay or knows someone who had a friend etc...?

For this reason I like the idea of having a decocker and having the option of DA/SA mode on the CZ. Having owned a Sig as my primary CCW I'm familiar with how they feel in the hand and the mechanics.

I like each of these guns and it's getting really hard to decide on which I would like to carry. Each of them feels good in the hand. I know they'll both do what I want and fulfill the job I intend to use them for.

Thanks for the pros and cons listed so far... hope to hear from more of you =)
Old November 24, 2009, 01:35 AM   #4
IdahoG36

Both are fine weapons, but I would have to go with the GLOCK 26. Cheaper, utterly reliable, tons of holsters and aftermarket parts, and cheap factory mags.
Beretta PX4 Storm INOX 9mm, Beretta Nano 9mm, Ruger 22/45 LITE Cobalt, Springfield XDm 4.5 .45, Ruger LCP .380, 20"Armalite/Rock River AR15, Remington 870 Tactical Magpul, Swiss K31 7.5X55, BNZ 42 K98, Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary design contest rifle
Old November 24, 2009, 01:46 AM   #5
BanditSRT8

Quote:
While I like the Glock trigger pull consistency, I have heard some people tell horror stories of the chambered round going off when holstering the weapon. I am interested to know if there is anyone on this forum who has experienced this FIRSTHAND, not hearsay or knows someone who had a friend etc...?

OH SH*T.... INCOMIIIIING!!!!! (I would duck now if I were you)

Glocks do not go off by holstering them.

Glocks go off while holstering them if you're stupid enough to have your finger (or other obstruction) in the trigger guard as you are holstering it.
XD9 SC 2 tone | Glock 19 "Cogan Custom" | HK45 | HK P7M8 | HK P30 | Kimber Eclipse Pro II | Springfield EMP | Glock 19 TALO Limited Edition | S&W 1911 Doug Koenig Edition Bi-Tone | EAA Witness Elite "MATCH" | XD40 Service V10 ported "Custom" | Ruger LCP | S&W M&P15 w/EOTech | GSG-5 L | FN FS2000 w/EOTech
Old November 24, 2009, 02:06 AM   #6
Ace_Breaker

I used to own a Glock 27 and a Rami. Both are too big for ankle carry in my opinion. The Glock was more reliable of the two. Never had the Glock fail. I hate to say this because I'm a CZ fan. The Rami had failure after failure. CZ worked on the Rami and it still failed. When I requested they fix the issue a 2nd time they wanted me to cover shipping costs. I didn't think that was too fair since this was a new gun with obvious issues. I could not get through a mag without multiple issues with it feeding low on the ramp. I suggested the mag springs were weak but they denied that being a possible cause. I didn't think the springs were strong enough to keep up with the weapon cycling. I dumped it. The perfect fit for me has been the Walther PPS. For CCW it blows both the Glock 26 and Rami out of the water.
Old November 24, 2009, 02:57 AM   #7
wvshooter

I have a Rami 2075 DA/SA, (no decocker) in 9mm. I have never owned or shot a Glock and I personally don't care for Glocks but if I was deciding which of these two I was going to carry it would be the Glock. The Glock is going to be lighter, will have a better pedigree for reliability and is DAO. Every trigger pull on the Glock is going to be like every other trigger pull. The Rami is going to have a heavy initial trigger pull and very light follow up trigger pulls.

I own both types but for self defense I prefer DAO. Works like a revolver. Pull the trigger and it should go bang.
Old November 24, 2009, 05:05 AM   #8
Elvishead

I own a Rami 9mm. IMHO, it's not a good range gun, and it's not a good carry gun. But it is a good gun, but I think for carry, the G26 would be better. And by the way, I shoot the G26 better as of now.

That doesn't mean I will never carry my Rami, after all, I have it, so I just might carry it in the future if I ever go to a getto area, but I carry a S&W Airweight .38 snub for now.
Old November 24, 2009, 09:54 AM   #9
TailGator

I don't own a CZ, but I respect them a great deal. I own a G26 as my EDC. You need to use caution in holstering any pistol, including Glocks. If a gun has an external safety, you just use a different caution of double checking the safety before you holster.

Wilkup, if you look at your own original post I think you might see that you answered your own question about suitability for carry. The G26 is lighter, and it is smaller in every dimension, yet still has a longer barrel and sight radius. Pretty good design effort, I think, and it has been a very popular concealment pistol because of it.

Nothing wrong with liking the CZ just because you like it, but if it fits your hand OK and you are comfortable shooting it, the dimensions and weight favor the Glock pretty clearly.
Old November 24, 2009, 10:00 AM   #10
charlieb

I'd go with a glock 26 or 27 for CCW purposes.
Old November 24, 2009, 10:03 AM   #11
ibnhall

Quote:
That doesn't mean I will never carry my Rami, after all, I have it, so I just might carry it in the future if I ever go to a getto area,
Why does a ghetto area make you feel a need for this gun vs. any other gun?
"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language." Daewoo DP51C (9mm), Ruger SP101 (.357), Springfield XD Subcompact (.40), Kimber Custom II (.45), Kel Tec P32 (.32), Ruger Mark III (.22LR), S&W 32 "Lemon Squeezer" (.32 S&W), Ruger P95 (9mm), Glock 19,
Old November 24, 2009, 12:49 PM   #12
wilkup

I guess I'm just partial to having the DA/SA trigger pull and it's what I'm used to. I currently carry a Sig P225 and am familiar with the decocker and an external hammer. I owned a G19 awhile back, but sold it because the grip was just so unnatural for me and I couldn't shoot well with it. I'm interested in possibly joining the Glock club again because the funky grip of my past Glock is NOT what I felt when holding the G26 the other day. With it's shorter grip length, the bulge in the lower part of the grip is eliminated and with the Pearce Plus Extension I can still have the entire gun in my hand (+2 extra rounds). I guess I just needed to have someone assure me that I was making my choice for the right reasons... not just to jump on the Glock bandwagon and to save some money. Based on the dimensions the Glock appears to be the "better" suited gun for what I'm going to be using it for. Than again, the CZ guys were all about the 2075 RAMI, so I'm still a bit unsure. I think I'm gonna go check out the Glock forum and see what they have to say about this match...
Thanks for the help so far =)
Oh... and about the trigger being pulled while reholstering... thanks for setting me straight because I figured it was due to insufficient user head space, but needed to make sure.
Old November 24, 2009, 02:34 PM   #13
RT

I love the G26.
Old November 24, 2009, 02:46 PM   #14
Elvishead

Quote:
Why does a ghetto area make you feel a need for this gun vs. any other gun?
Why do you ask, and what's your point?
Old November 24, 2009, 03:22 PM   #15
psychohellbilly666

While I have never owned or shot a cz I would vote for the glock as I own one. I would also suggest trying out a springfield xd-9 sub as I choose to carry mine over my glock. The springfield has a more natural grip and also might give you a little more added piece of mind with the grip safety. When shooting mine it is always right back on target after each shot and I can achieve less than 2 inch groups at 25 yds which I can't do with any other of my pistols. As far as price and size I'd say the springfild is right along with the glock maybe a little more mass and less price. Just putting another possible option out there.
Old November 25, 2009, 01:11 AM   #16
wilkup

As far as the XDSC 9 goes... I have checked it out and liked the CZ RAMI better. I have tried out most of the subcompacts from the popular manufacturers and the G26 and RAMI BD were my top picks. The guys on the CZ forum were all about the RAMI for obvious reasons, but it seems the overwhelming consensus on this thread so far has been for the Glock for a variety of reasons, some of which I hadn't taken into consideration yet - aftermarket products specific for this gun!
Old November 25, 2009, 11:35 AM   #17
Ozzieman

Glocks do not go off by holstering them.

Glocks go off while holstering them if you're stupid enough to have your finger (or other obstruction) in the trigger guard as you are holstering it.

Well said.
Of the two, for me it’s a very easy choice.
I never liked Glocks until I purchased a G26. It’s one of the best shooting small 9mm that I have ever shot or owned and I have owned a lot of 9 mm.
As far as safety, the Glock is as safe as the person holding the gun, nothing less nothing more.
But with what you have said, if you don’t feel safe caring a Glock then don't.
Personally I feel that Glock has made a mistake by not offering some limited models of the guns with manual safeties for people that want one. Not that it’s needed but just to give those people that need that second safety to build their confidence in the firearm they carry.

Last edited by Ozzieman; November 25, 2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old November 25, 2009, 11:37 AM   #18
#18indycolts

vote for the 26
Old November 25, 2009, 06:37 PM   #19
swk314

Another vote for the Glock 26, for all of the above mentioned reasons.
Old November 25, 2009, 06:42 PM   #20
jglsprings

I own a G27 and a 9MM RAMI..

I carry my Glock all the time, I put the Pearce mag extensions on both and it takes some modifications to the base plate to get it to work with the RAMI.

I've got Lone Wolf (get the blind marked one, you will see what I mean) 40 to 9mm conversion barrel and use G26 mags to shoot 9mm in my G27. If I wanted to shoot 357 SIG off the G27 it is just another barrel.

I'm a member of the CZ forum as well. (bigguylittlegun). I like the Glock trigger better and shoot my G27 better..... I really like my G27 better than my G23, but that is another post.......

When I'm need a backup I carry my J frame Model 60.

Get the Glock.

Commas save lives...

Last edited by jglsprings; November 25, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old November 25, 2009, 07:02 PM   #21
sawrecker

The Rami just looks so sexy with some nice wood grips on it.
but the 26 carries better.
The rest of us can count on bein' free."Merle Hagard"
Old November 25, 2009, 07:11 PM   #22
jglsprings

Quote:
The Rami just looks so sexy with some nice wood grips on it.
but the 26 carries better.
True, but don't get the "POLY" RAMI (aka RAMI P) it doesn't allow you to put on grip panels )

The Glock is butt ugly, I keep my RAMI for photo ops!

Commas save lives...
Old November 25, 2009, 10:19 PM   #23
Stetson 33

I can't comment on a cz as I've never owned one or shot one. I can tell you
my pistols for the most part with the exception of 1911 and one S&W revolver
will be polymer as I just like them better.I like my glock 17 for my ccw and if
you are like alot of us you end up getting another pistol in my case it was a g26.
I added a grip extension that gave me 17 plus one in the pipe and the extension
really improved the control when I shot this pistol.
Old November 26, 2009, 01:05 AM   #24
wilkup

I'm actually not interested in a safety on the gun. I dislike the idea of having to worry about releasing it if I ever did have to use my gun in an emergency situation and feel the decocker on my Sig has done a fine job of keeping my gun safe. With no experience carrying a Glock I just wanted to clarify whether or not there is a possibility of it going off, and it appears that unless I'm an extremely careless or stupid person I shouldn't be worried about it at all. I'm glad to see that the trigger on the Glock is preferred by someone who is also a CZ owner. As much as I hate to say it... I think I might get the Glock. With everything that's been said about it - the reliability, affordability, availability of aftermarket products, etc... it's hard not to jump on the bandwagon and be part of the masses rather than get something unique to be different. I want something that I can bet my life on and the G26 appears to fit the bill.
Old November 26, 2009, 11:53 AM   #25
Bobby K

I carry the Glock 26. But in my opinion it is too large for an ankle holster. My Colt Mustang Plus 2 would be perfect for an ankle holster.

I also have a 22 conversion kit for the Glock. It makes for cheap shooting at the range
Colt Mustang Plus 2