The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 21, 2009, 03:03 PM   #26
Willie Lowman

Firepower, I don't know the availability these of shotguns in PK but I would recommend a Mossberg 590A1 or a Remington 870 (Police magnum if available).

The Maverick is the "poor man's" pump shotgun. It works, yes. There are others with better fit and finish for a little more money, yes.

I personally don't like the rattle of the slide on the Maverick. If I am trying to move quietly in the woods or through my home I don't need the gun to make extra noise.
Old November 21, 2009, 10:29 PM   #27
JerseyDrez

Firepower, youre going back and forth on a petty $200 88 shotgun when you just bought an AUG and the 85....

Haha I dont get it. Go out and buy a top of the line shotgun already.

"I don't know what situation you'd be in where you'd be facing a bad guy and he'd have the time to notice your laser shaking and evaluate you as having low confidence. "
Old November 21, 2009, 10:54 PM   #28
Firepower!

You are right. However, this thread was initiated with intent to know about the weapon rather buyer's intent. I think what I am looking for is the reliability information as this gun, if bought, will be generally laying aroung the guard house, othwr wise the cost really is not a concern as it costs here about 450 US dollars.
Old November 21, 2009, 10:59 PM   #29
Firepower!

Willie, you are right. I have a 590A1 Compact Cruiser for my personal use. I was looking for 870, but could not find one. This Maverick, however, is intended for gurad duty to replace some of the aging and unreliable Turkish pump actions. Over the years I have come to know that gurads should NOT have fancy weapons for daily carry, but they should be reliable.

Tags
mossberg maverick