The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old September 14, 2009, 01:35 PM   #26
Sarge

My 'too boring for TV' comment meant just that. My hunts are plenty entertaining for me.
Old September 14, 2009, 02:01 PM   #27
freakshow10mm

Just posted a comment on Youtube/antelope on the run. See if it gets deleted.

Quote:
Nice shot. Bad acting. You can tell it's a staged "kill" scene. Even the guide feels stupid doing´╗┐ it.
Old September 14, 2009, 02:09 PM   #28
FrontSight

Me too...I said it was really bad acting
Old September 14, 2009, 02:11 PM   #29
taylorce1

Quote:
Just posted a comment on Youtube/antelope on the run. See if it gets deleted.
Don't know if it will since you told him nice shot. Who knows, most of the post that have been deleted are ones that call him out about resting his barrel on the shooting stick and not the forearm of the stock. Or that it was a lucky shot, and an unethical one. Only time will tell if he liked your comment on his and the guides acting.
Old September 14, 2009, 04:54 PM   #30
ZeroJunk

My frien and I bowhunted elk in the Bob marshall wilderness for years. We got pretty good at it. I cow called a bull in to about 15 yards one time. I had three cow calls around my neck cause they would freeze up. I had them all frozen, was standing there with a pocket knife having to pick the reed lose every time I called and he came blasting in on top of me. I had the bow on my shoulder still on a sling. Looked a little stupid. I had my partner set up to the side but he couldn't get a shot off. He killed a 379 the next year with a bow.. It's in the book. this was before digital cameras and such. i really have some cool pictures. Don't know whether they could be scanned somehow and posted or not.

A lot of what I see on TV is just silliness.
Old September 14, 2009, 10:43 PM   #31
Fat White Boy

A couple of things about the hunting shows.

Firstly, they are just one long running commercial. Who could carry all the crap those guys use on TV show? They must carry 100 pounds of camo make-up, camo back pack, doe in heat scent, scent blocker, camo shirts, camo masks, camo hats, camo boots, camo rifles/shotguns, camo ammo, camo truck, camo bow, camo ATV, camo binoculars, camo range finder, camo binocular case, camo range finder case, camo suspenders, camo tree stand, camp turkey seat, camo elk call, camo duck call and a guide completely covered in camo.

Secondly, why do they whisper after they have taken the shot and the game has run off?

Pure silliness.

Oh, and in the name of god- would someone please put that idiot Iaconelli out of my misery?
Old September 16, 2009, 03:43 PM   #32
billykaldrich

comedy

Our hunts would be full of laughe. last year we depart the truck at 4:45 a.m. and get about 100 yards down the road when the dog in the truck starts barking. We go" holys__t he is gonna wake every animal for miles "then the horn goes non stop for about three or 4 min.We keep on going and 4 hours later we return to the truck only to find a big ole pile of bear poop next to the truck.Can not believe that luck. We did not see any bears for the rest of the week. I think that is funny.
Old September 20, 2009, 08:52 PM   #33
FrontSight

He deleted my bad acting comment!
Old September 20, 2009, 09:29 PM   #34
StiveC2007

My hunts are as boring as watching paint dry, No it really is that boring. But the minute I spot that deer, My heart starts running wild. I love that feeling.
Old September 20, 2009, 11:00 PM   #35
roy reali

Two Exceptions

I agree, most hunting shows are poorly made if not down right boring. But there are couple of exceptions.

One is Hunting With Hank and the other is The Spirit Of The Wild. Even the production quality of these two shows is superior, they are not cheesy, handheld camcorder looking.

I did meet Dez Young once. He is a great hunter and a great conservationist. He is one of the last of the gentlemen hunters.
Old September 21, 2009, 03:24 AM   #36
wyobohunter

Our Moose hunts would be too boring to watch up until we are back at camp. Then the guns are put away and the beer and whiskey come out. Drunken wrestling, stick swordfights and obvious lying may be a little more fun to watch than a guy walking around... then sitting around...then calling and back to walking around again.
Old September 21, 2009, 12:58 PM   #37
davlandrum

We could only do ours as a comedy show. We did think maybe we could do a little "Hunting Camp Vittles" cooking show, considering the slop we call food in camp....

Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do. -Potter Stewart
Old September 21, 2009, 05:32 PM   #38
sc928porsche

Mine would be interesting if you enjoyed comedy. You would see me say hi, and the rest would be outtakes. Its so nice to hunt with friends.
Old September 21, 2009, 06:13 PM   #39
srt 10 jimbo

I save mine for Americas funniest Videos, They have a $10,000 reward.