spacemanspiff

Road Rage Shooting

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/907859.html
Man arrested in road rage shooting
By ELIZABETH BLUEMINK
[email protected]
Published: August 22nd, 2009 03:02 PM
Last Modified: August 22nd, 2009 04:20 PM

Anchorage Police this morning charged a motorist with shooting and critically injuring a second man in a fit of road rage on Gambell Street near downtown.

Pesamino Faamasino, 19, was charged with three counts of first-degree robbery and one count of first-degree assault.

At about 6 a.m., Faamasino shot Stanislav Teodorovich, 20, in the shoulder in a parking lot near the Tesoro gas station at 4th Avenue and Gambell, police said.

Teodorovich -- a Russian citizen enrolled at the University of Alaska Anchorage last year -- is in critical condition at a local hospital this afternoon, police said.

A passenger in Teodorovich's vehicle told police after the shooting that Theodorovich cut off Faamasino in traffic when he turned in the wrong direction on 4th Avenue, a one-way street, and then attempted to correct himself by making a U-turn.

Police said the passenger told them Faamasino was visibly angry, and that Teodorovich motioned him to pull over. Both cars parked in an alley near the gas station and Faamasino came over to Teodorovich's car with a gun and asked "what they had under their seats that they might pull out on him," according to a police charging document.

They didn't have a weapon.

Faamasino demanded their money and when Teodorovich tried to drive away, Faamasino fired a round into the car, according to the charging document.

Teodorovich then pulled over, bleeding from his shoulder and breathing hard, according to the statement provided by his passenger.

Police searched for Faamasino and the vehicle he was driving, a gray Dodge Neon, and stopped him near Mountain View. During the traffic stop, Faamasino told police he had shot someone near Gambell. His account differed, however. He said Teodorovich had been tailgating him and that Teodorovich and his passenger approached his car on foot.

While police talked to Faamasino, a woman approached the car saying that it was her Neon and that Faamasino had stolen it from her at gunpoint in Mountain View, according to the charging document. Hence, the robbery charges.

Faamasino is being held on $250,000 bail, police said.

This story is still developing. Check back for updates.
Find Elizabeth Bluemink online at adn.com/contact/ebluemink or call 257-4317.

I wonder what the true story is, which driver was at fault, what actions led Faamasino to come out with his gun? Its obvious both sides aren't telling the whole truth, and are leaving out some key details.
Old August 22, 2009, 08:11 PM   #2
JohnKSa
Staff

Hmmm...

I think the headline would be more accurate if it said:

Armed robber in stolen car attempts to rob then shoots motorist who cut him off in traffic.

The implication that it's simply a road rage incident really skips a lot of important details.
Quote:
...what actions led Faamasino to come out with his gun?
You mean the guy who is being held for stealing a car at gunpoint, for trying to rob Teodorovich and his passenger at gunpoint and who shot them when they tried to drive away?

Yeah, that's a puzzler, isn't it...
Old August 22, 2009, 10:12 PM   #3
Xyas

This is why you NEVER pull over just because some stranger tells you to...keep driving and call the police if need be.
Old August 22, 2009, 11:14 PM   #4
Sefner

+1 on the headline. Road rage had nothing to do with it. One of the parties being a criminal had everything to do with it.

Also I'm going to try to call some of the missing information. First, I bet some drug (more than likely alcohol) was involved. Not making a prediction on which party, just that one of the was under the influence. Also, the passenger's story is weird. So the Russian cuts the guy off, then asks him to pull over. Something is not right about this. Then the burglar approaches the car, and asks what they have under the seat. This points to possible drug use by the burglar or another weird kink in the story of the passenger. The burglar had to have a reason to say this and the passenger's story completely fails to provide that reason. Also, "Both cars parked in an alley near the gas station and Faamasino came". THE gas station? Possibly bad editing on the part of the news, but where did the gas station come into play? I think the passenger is not telling the whole story here or is missing some vital information.

Unrelated is the fact that the lady just happened to stumble on her Neon while the police were talking to the guy who stole it. Happy coincidence I guess

Also interested to see how this ends up playing out. Keep us posted!
Old August 23, 2009, 12:46 AM   #5
Dannyl

As others have said, this is a robbery that ended in a shooting, not related to road rage.

Brgds,
Danny
Old August 23, 2009, 12:17 PM   #6
Cosmoline

More trouble with the Samoan gangsters it seems. At least they're still poor marksmen.
Old August 23, 2009, 12:37 PM   #7
langenc

What was the blood alcohol and narcotics level of the shooter. We will never know.
Old August 23, 2009, 04:07 PM   #8
Yankee Traveler

Quote:
What was the blood alcohol and narcotics level of the shooter. We will never know.
Or the bleeder...
Old August 23, 2009, 04:29 PM   #9
Hellbilly5000

I wonder if wildalaska has anymore input on this story then the news stated