The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old May 20, 2009, 10:45 AM   #26
vranasaurus

Quote:
This sort of says a lot about why there is a secret ballot.
Exactly. This guy outed himself. If he didn't want people to know he should have kept his mouth shut.
Old May 20, 2009, 10:49 AM   #27
Mike Irwin
Staff

"I really don't see the correlation between the chicks and this."

"I've got it and I'm pretty sure I'm made it clear I've got it."

No, you obviously don't have it.

You're still not drawing the clear connection between one individuals action and a second individuals right to react to the first individual's action.

All you can do is patter on about how horrible we big bullies are for holding someone accountable for actions that we find to be incompatible with our beliefs and to alerting others who may be of the same belief.

But but but but but but but... He may have a different reason for voting for Obama?

So what? That still doesn't mean the he can't and shouldn't be held accountable for something that offends our beliefs.

All you're doing is engaging in a morally bankrupt game of "everything everybody does is OK because they believe in it, and no one has the right to say anything to them about it."

That kind of cowardly thinking is, in large part, why the United States is where it is politicially today. Morally bereft politicians pandering to the lowest common denominator in an effort to protect not their constituents or their nation, but their jobs, has become the norm.

God forbid anyone take a stance on anything or be responsible for anything because it upsets the lowest common denominators who collectively buy into that crap.

It's disgusting, it's reprehensible, and it's bereft of character.

But, then again, those are strong beliefs, and under the "new" mindless morality strong negative beliefs aren't allowed because they might damage the flow of the new neutral collective morality.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old May 20, 2009, 11:53 AM   #28
StratoCactus

Quote:
All you're doing is engaging in a morally bankrupt game of "everything everybody does is OK because they believe in it, and no one has the right to say anything to them about it."

That kind of cowardly thinking is, in large part, why the United States is where it is politicially today. Morally bereft politicians pandering to the lowest common denominator in an effort to protect not their constituents or their nation, but their jobs, has become the norm.
There is much wisdom here.

"The new neutral collective morality." Great term. Sums up our doomed Zeitgeist perfectly.
Old May 20, 2009, 11:59 AM   #29
JuanCarlos

Quote:
You know, I can almost agree with a lot of what you're saying in this thread, but I can't help but point out that a large part of where the U.S. is politically is also due to blatant pandering to single-issue (or near-single-issue) voters...again, in an effort to protect jobs rather than constituents or nation. McCain was no less guilty of this than most, and this entire thread is an example of why it happens. On both "sides."

EDIT: Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with spreading this information, or reacting accordingly, I just don't think the moral high ground you seem to be trying to occupy is all that high or moral.
Old May 20, 2009, 03:19 PM   #30
VA9mm

I never liked their attitude or prices. I don't shop or shoot there any how. After I was told I should ditch my sissy Glock27 for a 1911 I never went back.

Every action has a reaction it can be good or bad. Someone who makes money off the second amendment should have been a little smarter than omitting that. No not all dems are anti gun but they have historically made that an issue and there's no denying that.

Last edited by VA9mm; May 20, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old May 20, 2009, 06:26 PM   #31
alloy

Before i go full boycott, does the radical leftist drone have any .380 ammo?
Old May 20, 2009, 07:45 PM   #32
Hellbilly5000

This is why I voted for mickey mouse (no joke)
Now I will say I would be less inclined to buy something from a gun store that I knew the owner voted for obama. But that is my personal choice just as his vote was his personal choice.
Old May 20, 2009, 09:46 PM   #33
Briarhop1

Hellbilly5000

You make a good point, but since Mickey is on the Disney payroll,
you just voted for an anti-gun candidate. (sorry, just couldnt pass
that one up)

Seriously, I'm really enjoying this thread and have learned a lot about
a few things. Thanks.
Old May 31, 2009, 08:58 PM   #34
cool hand luke 22:36

Quote:
I never liked their attitude or prices. I don't shop or shoot there any how
+1

Blue ridge Arsenal has been notorious for years amongst the NoVA gun community for crap service and high prices.

I and many others would actually have to have been willing to ever patronize the place a second time in order to join a boycott now over the owner's support for Obama.