The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old May 18, 2009, 02:34 PM   #26
miboso

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned THE black man with a gun, Kenn Blanchard: http://www.blackmanwithagun.com.
His goal, "was to provide people in my community, ethnicity and cultural group with a resource to learn about gun safety and personal responsibility from one of their own."

Let's help spread the word.

Freedom and Responsibility for Everybody (Strong enough to handle it.)
Old May 18, 2009, 02:44 PM   #27
OuTcAsT

Quote:
No offense blindman but how does your post relate to the thread on blacks in the nra?
I think it is quite relevant, as he is speaking to the lack of minorities' (this would include the disabled) involvement or support in the NRA.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -
Old May 18, 2009, 04:13 PM   #28
BlindMansBluff

To post #25:

If you can't see the point of my post, then you are Blinder (?) than I am. and thats pretty freaken blind because I am a total Blind Man, can't see nothing.

yes, to #26, the point of my post was Minorities, and I am double Minority because I am both blind and hispanic. but I get the most BS because of being blind and interested in the sport of shooting.

I just started a blog about my experiences being a blind gun owner and a target shooter, check it out at http://theblindmansbluff.blogspot.com
Old May 18, 2009, 05:26 PM   #29
#18indycolts

Quote:
and thats pretty freaken blind because I am a total Blind Man, can't see nothing.
believe me I'm clear on that, as you've made that fact pretty prevalent in most of your posts.
Old May 18, 2009, 05:27 PM   #30
#18indycolts

Quote:
I think it is quite relevant, as he is speaking to the lack of minorities'
his post was about the disabled minority, not a racial minority. (which is what this post is about.)
Old May 18, 2009, 06:02 PM   #31
BlindMansBluff

To the last post:

What is the difference? the point of the OP was getting a diverse group of people not just Leetest, Racest, country bumpkin Yahoos in the NRA proud of the 2A. now you are telling me that apparently we stirictly have to stick to the subject of blacks because the OP didn't name the title, "More Minorities in the NRA" but his post mentions Latinos, and Blacks.

Excue me for feeling like a Minority, especially when on this Damn Board!

And the reason why I make it so clear, about me being blind is go look at my Request for Lube help for my P95.

Even though I explained I was blind, people still posted me links to videos even though it was clear in my message that when reading cornered cat using her pics didn't help me.

I don't make it clear for me to get simpithy, I make it clear to get understanding and things explained to me in a sensible manner.

I just started a blog about my experiences being a blind gun owner and a target shooter, check it out at http://theblindmansbluff.blogspot.com
Old May 18, 2009, 06:17 PM   #32
OuTcAsT

Quote:
his post was about the disabled minority, not a racial minority. (which is what this post is about.)
Wow, #18indycolts Thanks for straightening us out ! And all this time I just thought that stereotypes and "Isms" only related to race.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -
Old May 18, 2009, 08:27 PM   #33
Tom Servo
Staff

Unfortunately, the black community teaches its children that the only people with guns are criminals and the police (who they are taught not to trust). I have heard this from almost every black shooter I've taught, from all different backgrounds.

For them, taking up shooting requires a certain leap of faith, and a rejection of the malarkey they've been fed all their lives. It's nice to see that they seem to be taking up the shooting sports in greater numbers, and they seem to stay involved to a greater extent that most other new shooters.

Step back and look at the stereotype, though. The media (and recently, our government) has done its level best to portray the gun culture as a bunch of white grizzled, beer-guzzling John Wayne wannabes. WE know the difference; an uninvolved observer might not.

The answer is simple, of course. Encourage, mentor and make everyone feel welcome.
Old May 21, 2009, 01:12 AM   #34
Shadi Khalil

I'm seeing more minorites at the range and it makes me very happy. I think that organiztions should make more of an effort reach out to minorites.
Old May 21, 2009, 07:55 AM   #35
wingman

Quote:
Regardless, having diversity among us would only help us shed the elitist, white, extremist, etc. persona that many non-gunners have of us.

Look the "elite, white,extremist" garbage is from the left so they continue to draw in votes and money. This entire idea of talking about diversity is a dividing speak for politicians, the continued grouping of "American citizens" divides us, but again people make money from the race issue.

I see more and more women at the range, many getting their CHL, in time as population increases other "citizens" will see the value and enjoyment of the sport. Women in society usually set the agenda.

Forget how people view the NRA the left will attack anything that is white, Christian, they have not discovered the EAA as of yet.(Experimental Aircraft association)made up mostly of old white guys
Old May 21, 2009, 08:46 AM   #36
#18indycolts

Quote:
the "elite, white,extremist" garbage is from the left so they continue to draw in votes and money

Quote:
Forget how people view the NRA the left will attack anything that is white, Christian,
so the NRA is mostly white christians?
Old May 21, 2009, 09:04 AM   #37
Glenn E. Meyer
Staff

Since not all the NRA members are Christians or white and I don't feel that we need to go down this road in the morning - we've said the major points and this is closed.
http://www.teddytactical.com/archive...11_Feature.htm
Being an Active Shooter
Closed Thread