The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 14, 2009, 04:38 PM   #1
rcupka

Thompson Center Rebate

I bought a Thompson Center Omega Z5 in October, it had a $50 Rebate offered and I claimed it per instructions. I got a check yesterday from MPS the servicing company that listed Smith and Wesson as the Rebate owner. I took it to the bank today and was informed that they couldn't cash it because it was over a year old. It appears that the rebate company dated the the check 2/23/2008 instead of 2009. It clearly states that checks are not valid over 120 days from date of issue, making this check invalid months ago.

I did not even buy this rifle until October 2008. Do you think this is a simple mistake, or is this another example of a rebate scam?

I am calling the company Monday and then calling Smith and Wesson if they do not issue another check.

Anybody else have this issues?
Old March 14, 2009, 07:03 PM   #2
mykeal

I've heard of no other cases like this. Sounds like a simple mistake to me.
Old March 14, 2009, 09:59 PM   #3
Old No7

Rebate...

T/C is famous for standing behind their guns, so I would imagine they'd back you up on the rebate. *

And if you have a October 2008 receipt, that's proof you could not have applied for the rebate "a year ago".

My older brother got his rebate recently, with no problems, so with a call to explain what's up, T/C should fix this for ya.

* Just don't send an e-mail, as those often don't get replied to. And FYI, with layoffs and furlough's at T/C, try to be patient with the few hard-working customer service folks who are still there taking care of the customers. I've called on T/C 2 times over the last 6 months and got great service each time. Hope you make out as well.

Tight groups.

Old No7