The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old February 14, 2009, 12:35 AM   #26
Jasper616

0-Practice shooting with enough frequency that if I need to use my firearm it is no stranger(200-400 rounds per week)
1-Alarm system goes off
2-Dogs bark
3-Girlfriend locks dogs in kennel and calls 911 (my dogs are good alarms only and will only get in the way. If there is a fight I don't want them jumping around or trying to get my attention while I hold my sights steady at the door)
4-In my safe room behind cover. I have fortified my door so entry will take some time.
5-Issue verbal warning(if time permits)
6-Put pants on(if time permits)
7-If door is breached I will immediately shoot until the threat stops using the same criteria as the above poster mentioned.
8-God willing if # 7 does occur I hope to be able to stop the threat before it causes harm or stops me
9-If I am successful with #8 I hope that San Francisco doesn't lock me up for violating the rights of the guy that broke into my house and tried to kill me.
Old February 14, 2009, 12:56 AM   #27
OldMarksman
Staff

Quote:
Shoot to kill. A person's house is their castle and should be dealt with as such. Saying stop go away is just sending the BG problem to someone else, maybe your relative or maybe your freinds house. A BG has to have some sort of deathwish anyway to invade homes he knows might be occupied by an armed citizen. Just as easy to oblidge him.
Methinks that doesn't help our cause, considering that columnists, politicians, and law professors have described castle laws as legalized murder. Let's stop doing this.

And by the way, it won't help the poster very much at all if he gets wrapped up in an ambiguous shooting.

Also, neither the civilian nor the police officer is ever justified in using deadly force against anyone because he may later become a "problem" for someone else.
Old February 14, 2009, 02:20 AM   #28
Firepower!

Very much like expected. Everyone goes off and gives advice and opinions disregarding the basic premises of the question.

Have you guys took time to read the OP? It specifically requested to pick from the options listed.

:barf:
Old February 14, 2009, 02:29 AM   #29
David Armstrong

Quote:
Have you guys took time to read the OP? It specifically requested to pick from the options listed.
But the options listed do not include all options available. So perhaps some read teh OP, but reject the pre-determined narrow list of choices in favor of other alternatives that can effectively solve the problem.
Old February 14, 2009, 02:33 AM   #30
Milspec

We're retired Army officers...what do you think we're going to do?

Milspec

Colonel Bill Jordan
Old February 14, 2009, 02:39 AM   #31
pax

Closed.

Firepower!, you have a PM.

pax
Closed Thread