The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 7, 2009, 10:04 PM   #1
btolliverjr

10/22 volquartsen trigger help

After replacing the factory trigger and internals of my Ruger 10/22 with a volquartsen trigger kit, my safety is not working. I think I read about this somewhere before, but can't remember where. Can anyone help?
Old February 8, 2009, 05:03 PM   #2
Pahoo

Performed this trigger work, three times last week. Two were Volquarsen and one Power Custom. Sounds like you got down to pulling the trigger sear and disconnector. You need to pull this assembly out and reposition the front of the sear, under the bolt release. If you look close, you will see a recess area or pocket in the front bottom of the housing. Right now, the front of the sear is sitting to high in the housing. Kind of hard to explain but you need to go back under the bolt release plate. Might add that the trigger plunger spring supplied in the Volquartsen kit, does not fit as well as the Factory spring so you really do not need to go that far down. All you really need for a great tigger job, is Hammer, Hammer spring and Hammer shims. This will give you about a 2 to 2.5 Pull. Look for you can get additional information off the web or refer to a schematic in the Midway catalog. Good luck to you !!

Also, if you go over to Rimfire Central, you will see a bunch of posts on 10/22 trigger jobs, that might help.

Be Safe !!!

Last edited by Pahoo; February 8, 2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: More Info.