The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 22, 2008, 03:07 PM   #1
NYSJAILER2008

Winchester 1300

How do you remove the plastic forearm grip from the for metal forearm tube that is attached to the action bars???? I want to install a forarm pistol grip and I am having trouble
Old October 22, 2008, 05:41 PM   #2
10-96

There's a castle nut type thing with only two oposing slots on the noisy end. I believe a spanner wrench is available that can aid in the removal (I made mine by grinding and bending a large curved pair of needle nosed pliers). Once you get this nut off, the grip should be able to be worked off of the inner tube- it'll likely be on there kinda tight. Once if it's off, I dunno, you might slather a little grease or cosmoline on the steel tube- mine had some funky looking rust going on.

I'm going to use the words "clip" and "Long Colt" every chance I get. It grinds my gears to see new members attacked when we all know dang good and well what's being refered to.

Last edited by 10-96; October 22, 2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old October 22, 2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Rmart30

yup, on the outer end of the fore arm you will see a piece with 2 notches in it.......thats the nut holding the fore arm on.... I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered a tool to do it with..... $20 and it will do Remington,Winchesters, mossbergs and a cpl of other.....

http://www.gunbanobama.com <---MUST READ