The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Closed Thread

Old September 11, 2008, 01:11 PM   #26
w_houle

I see a payphone every time I check my mail.
This sounds like a big can of worms, and unfortunately there isn't an answer that will let you walk away with that gun.

Last edited by w_houle; September 11, 2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: < to [
Old September 11, 2008, 01:55 PM   #27
johnwilliamson062

I know what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't drive to Mexico and try to sell it to one of those wealthy drug lords in a big mansion for a few thousand dollars. I trust the ATF to do what is right and allow it to go into a museum and not cut it up.
What ever happened to that Alvin York gun?
Old September 11, 2008, 02:16 PM   #28
HKuser

Quote:
I trust the ATF to do what is right and allow it to go into a museum and not cut it up.
Actually, if it's forfeited and as described, the ATF would probably put it in THEIR collection.
Old September 12, 2008, 12:19 AM   #29
Crosshair

Quote:
When was the last time anyone saw a payphone?
Last week, why?
Old September 12, 2008, 09:55 PM   #30
rem870hunter

SHHHHH, you didn't find anything, and i didn't read that you did either. find some ammo and take it to a place with alot of land and blast away with it.
Old September 12, 2008, 11:29 PM   #31
IdahoG36

Quote:
SHHHHH, you didn't find anything, and i didn't read that you did either. find some ammo and take it to a place with alot of land and blast away with it.
The only problem is that automatic gunfire has a strange way of attracting lots of attention. Just a thought.
Hk 45C, Hk VP9 9mm, Hk P30S 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm, Beretta 21A Bobcat, Ruger LCP .380, Ruger 22/45 LITE Cobalt, Spreewerke CYQ P38, Patriot Ordnance P415, Patriot Ordnance P308, Remington 870 Tactical Magpul, Swiss K31 7.5X55, BNZ 42 K98, Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary design contest rifle, Tikka T3 CTR
Old September 13, 2008, 08:44 AM   #32
Sturmgewehre

To those of you telling him to keep it and hide it, are you willing to serve his 10 years in prison when he gets caught with it? I didn't think so.

Don't take the advice of those who have nothing to loose in giving you extremely bad advice.

Surrender the weapon to the BATF. Trust me, there is NOTHING worth the time you'll serve in prison after being caught with it. You posted on a public forum where any LEO can easily track who you are that you're in possession of a likely illegal MG.

If it's not in your possession, don't take it into your possession. Whoever is in possession of it needs to surrender it immediately.
Old September 13, 2008, 09:13 AM   #33
Stagger Lee

Can we stop pretending that this guy really has a NIB MG42 now? Even the OP troller appears to have tired of the game.
Old September 13, 2008, 09:28 AM   #34
Ricklin

Thanks

Thanks Stagger Lee, I can't believe that this idocy now consumes two pages. I do all of my trolling for Salmon.
Old September 13, 2008, 09:59 PM   #35
johnwilliamson062

Trolls make some of the best topics though. At least the most entertaining. Seriously though, no one knows what's up with the Alvin York gun?
Old September 14, 2008, 08:46 AM   #36
Johnny Guest
Moderator Emeritus

A CAUTION and WARNING:

Let’s give it the benefit of a doubt and say this topic is on the up-and-up.

There’s been some good advice about how to safely surrender or otherwise dispose of an illegal machine gun. Likewise, there’s an off chance that it is a legally held, registered item. There’s only one way to find out, but in any case, unless it IS legally registered and transferable, there’s no legal way you can keep such a piece.

On the other hand, let me remind everyone here: It is against TFL policy and rules to advocate, encourage, or further any illegal activity. Besides, to do so is just plain stupid. I seriously doubt any board member would be dumb enough to take such advice, but if he did, you’d be partly responsible for getting someone into bad trouble. Besides, such posts aren’t that clever in the first place.

Let’s be clear here: Next time there’s a “It’s worth a lotta money -- sell it illegally” post, or a “Hide it and shoot it” post, the member posting same WILL be banned. No PM, no e-mail, no warning. THIS is the warning.

People, look - - I don’t like the way MANY laws are structured. I hold no brief for regulatory agencies who create penal laws by simply publishing a memo. It sucks, okay? But this is the system under which we operate. TFL will NOT tolerate members advocating violation of the law. Now, please, don’t send me a PM saying, “Hey, I was just joking.” Just let it pass and go on to other matters.

If this posting offends anyone, too bad. If you’re so miffed you leave in a huff, good riddance.

Please, friends - - Don’t test this. It would be unrewarding.

This topic is plumb wore out. CLOSED.

Johnny Guest
TFL Staff

Blog: Expert Witness
Closed Thread