The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old April 3, 2007, 08:47 AM   #1
bowhair

east county guns

would like to make a pitch in favor of www.eastcountyguns.com, online or in person. they're located in elma, wa. very knowledgeable and helpful folks. great&fair trade-in values and in general good prices on new & used guns, goods etc. they also are not opposed to negotiating prices on their stuff. check 'em out. -- bowhair
Old January 19, 2008, 11:06 AM   #2
Muzzlebrake

My recent experience with them has not been so pleasant. Although pricing was good, the item(s) I bought did not arrive in a timely manner as promised and even then not everthing I purchased was shipped. The gun was not shipped until a week after I made the purchase. I have been waiting for 2 weeks now and still do not have the Crimson Trace grips that were supposed to be on the P226. Phone calls have produced excuses and promises that they were either already shipped, not shipped but I have them right here and will go out today or they should be there tomorrow. I have asked for a tracking number to trace the package but they won't provide one.
I just hope I can get my money back on the grips.

Will I do business with them again? NOT!
01-18-08
Old January 19, 2008, 11:40 AM   #3
NCHornet

I hate bad Customer Service like this. I would send a certified letter to the manager/owner of the company. Explain everything that has happened. Hopefully you have documented all calls and the people spoken to. Notify them that if the item is not received in 7 days from a given date you will file a dispute with your CC company. I have had to this exact samething a couple of times and it usually gets results. Make sure you save a copy for your records in case you have to file the dispute. I would also include a link to this posting.
Good Luck
Keep us posted.
NCH
Old January 19, 2008, 07:03 PM   #4
Muzzlebrake

One of the purposes of my post is to add to the paper trail and also get advice and sympathy
It is forums like this that help make us consumers aware of who's who.
Old May 27, 2008, 03:10 PM   #5
thinkingman

Not doubting your story but I've done 3 deals ftf with Andy and all 3 were smooth and strait. He is a small shop and does tons of volume.
Hope your deal gets done right.