The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 23, 2008, 07:27 PM   #1
RandyStacyE

NEED Rear Sight For ~ Bingham pps-50 22 Cal

I’m hoping someone might know of a fixed rear sight to replace my ‘floppy’ rear flip sight.

My father gave me a pretty decent 22 cal semi automatic rifle for shooting black birds off of my wife’s bird feeders (black birds are a nuisance).

Anyways … the rear sight is a ‘flip sight’ and over the years it has become quite floppy and loose. Point being, I’m putting holes in my wife’s bird feeders and I think she’s beginning to loose confidence in my marksmanship

I need a new rear sight. I would very much prefer a ‘fixed rear sight’ and ditch the floppy flip sight.

So far I came up with this web site: http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.as...U=1079160A&MC=

I fear that this would be just another floppy sight, but I’ll have to call and make sure.

Anyone know of a decent alternative? After much reading, I believe that this would be a poor rifle to attach a scope. As you can see from the pic below, the steel is VERY thin.

Last edited by RandyStacyE; March 25, 2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old March 23, 2008, 07:29 PM   #2
RandyStacyE

I borrowed this pic to show you an overall pic of the rifle: