The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 14, 2008, 05:50 PM   #26
IdahoG36

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but this question reminded me of the sword canes Cold Steel sells. They look just like a normal cane. That would allow a person with a disability to carry a weapon without it being obvious.

http://www.coldsteel.com/88scm.html
Old February 14, 2008, 08:34 PM   #27
armedandsafe

However, you have to be able to stand up and move well enough to use it.

I would prefer the crutch which breaks down to a .454 Casul.

Pops

If it time to bury them, it is time to dig them up.
Remember, "Behind every blade of grass."
Old February 15, 2008, 05:52 AM   #28
grey sky

Sword canes are cool

Too bad they are way not leagal here . ARE they anywear ?? Still a stout stick is preferable to the empty hand Remember the bayonett drill works the same way . Thrust, butt stroke, Butt smash downward slash , repeat.
Old February 26, 2008, 07:21 PM   #29
thmsmgnm

Now I have the urge to travel to England.

Feral children wandering the street victimizing the lame, the blind, and the aged.

I have an overwhelming desire to travel to England wander around the fair *cough* cities wearing sunglasses and carrying a white cane made out solid steel. Teach those little bastard to screw with the weak and disabled.

Seriously a stout cane made out of a heavy, dense wood topped with a brass head and a solid steel tip (cover with that rubber thingy), sounds better than nothing. I still prefer a 1911.

thmsmgnm
Old March 10, 2008, 07:44 PM   #30
ECHOONE

On a different note about disabled people aside from carry, you would think someone would amend the law for the use of deadly force for these people I know a guy who has severe spinal problems, doctors have told him just someone hitting him could paralize him for life if not kill him. So this guy doesn't need someone to shoot him just some bully nut job to smack him upside his head and he's a gonener, so when should he shoot to defend himself?
Old March 10, 2008, 08:11 PM   #31
Shadi Khalil

It would be nice if you could rig up some sort crutch-gun.
Old March 10, 2008, 09:37 PM   #32
shinnery jim

ok guys, I am one of the guys you are talking about. I`m in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I`m parilized from the ribs down, and have lost one leg. I am in a motorized wheel chair. not because I cant use a regular one but because I like to be outside most of the time. and in the dirt around here I aint going very far, it is real sandy.

now as to handleing a gun I am quite good at it and dont worry about that part of the game. but I still have to be careful when getting in and out of the van.

I have it a lot better than some of the people out there. I have good upper body strength. that gives me an edge on most. but still you are right in the fact that I cant get in action as fast as I could before I was put in this chair.

I ead with interest what you all have been talking about. I still like the idea of one of my guns over about anything. It is just me. I dont have a problem with useing it if the need arises.