The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 8, 2008, 01:30 PM   #1
ActivShootr

Armored car training

Does any private training agency offer courses for armored car personel? I know most states have a training course for armed private security. I was wondering if there are any other training institutions that offer higher instruction in this feild.

What are your states' policy on armed security training? TN requires a 47 hour course with 40hr classroom and 7hr range sessions.
Old March 8, 2008, 02:19 PM   #2
matthew temkin

I am a NYS certified armed security instructor and some of our range's clients have been armored car personnel.
We gave them the standard 47 hour course and then hand them over to their in house staff.
Old March 9, 2008, 06:44 AM   #3
skidmark

Location: Richmond VA - home of a street full of second-place trophies.
Contact a good physical rehab outfit and learn the proper way to lift and carry awkwardly-shaped and very heavy objects you are forced to carry with your weak hand/arm. You might also want to look into steel-toed boots.

Seriopusly, without knowing what "higher education" issues you are concerned about, there is not a lot anyone can offer.

stay safe.

skidmark