The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 22, 2005, 02:33 PM   #1
Etraveller

Schematic or parts list for Jennings Nine (Bryco arms)

Hi folks.

I need to get a schematic for a Bryco Arms, Jennings Nine, 9mm pistol
I think the serial number series is 13124XX.

More specifically however, I need to get the names of at least two parts of the pistol.

Firstly, on the R.H.S. frame under the handgrips, the lever for the trigger connects to this first part (that is missing), which apparently connects vertically, through the slide, to a horizontal pin that allows the firing pin/slide to move forward.
The second part is on the other side of the frame under the handgrips.and is next to the fire safety lever.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.
Old May 22, 2005, 02:58 PM   #2
lee n. field

check your email.
Old May 22, 2005, 03:53 PM   #3
Vanguard.45

A brief list of parts for the Bryco/ Jennings

#1 "Variable Zero" Front Sight
#2 Double Feed Adaptor
#3 Custom "Stovepipe" Ejection Port
#4 Combination Slide/ Vegetable Slicer
#5 Combination Trigger/ Grip Strength Tester
#6 Jammomatic's "Guide to Cover" Manual

There are a few more parts, but, as you can tell, they are not my favorite brand of handgun!!

Vanguard.45
Old February 16, 2007, 02:52 PM   #4
gunnyhyway

bryco 9mm.

Could you possibly email me the exploded view of a Bryco 9? The part that holds the ammo clip in fell out of mine. Thank you..........Gunny
Old February 16, 2007, 04:05 PM   #5
Abstract

Get a good hack saw....!
Old November 26, 2007, 06:31 PM   #6
tazz

Need help

Hey Guys,

I to have a jenning 9mm brysco. And I'm missing the part that holds the ammo clip in also. I can't seem to find this part anywhere. Can someone please help.

Thanks,
Tazz
Old November 26, 2007, 07:34 PM   #7
HisSoldier

You guys have to be kidding, right?
Old November 26, 2007, 10:07 PM   #8
cold dead hands

Location: Arkansuck...I dream of the day I leave here. Never to return.
Jennings/Bryco crappy quality aside... oh come on... who are we kidding... these things make junk look good.

Seriously though, I can say on positive thing about my Jennings/Bryco model 58 (.380 acp version of the 9mm. Only difference was the short chamber, all other specs and parts were identical) is that it was a tack driver. I wish all my guns were as accurate as that pot metal, stove pipen', bad feedin', blood drawin', recoil heavy, jam-o-matic.

I did the world a favor. I completely disassembled it, trashed a few key components to insure it could not be a gun again and recycled it at the scrapper. Got a buck ninety for a gun I bought NIB (from a traveling factory rep at a gun show) for $150 plus whatever I paid for an extra magazine.

At the time I bought it I was just a bit over 21 and had zero knowledge of guns. Live and learn.
Old November 27, 2007, 01:12 PM   #9
Qwiks draw

www.e-gunparts.com or www.brownells.com may have the schematics and parts you are looking for.

bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com :: IndexJennings J-22, Bryco J-22 and Jimenez JA-22 pistols This forum is dedicated to the discussion of these "classic" semi-automatic SNS .22 LR pistols. ...
www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum/ - 49k - Cached - Similar pages

Welcome to Bryco Pistols, Jennings Pistols and Jiminez PistolsThis forum is dedicated to owners of Bryco, Jennings, Lorcin, ... California which started operations in August 2004 Jimenez Arms is currently searching for ...
bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/ - 14k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com ]

There's also this as far as forums go for this kind pistol. Might find some answers and friendly folk there to help with this query.
Old November 27, 2007, 03:46 PM   #10
pesta2

My Dad’s friend’s son had me look at his Jennings 9mm for him one time. He was having problems with functioning. It was some years ago so don’t remember a lot. I took it down and it was a problem with the slide getting stuck to the rear. You could pull it back and it is just kind of stuck there. There was actually metal wore off the frame where it contacts the slide. It was well lubed and he took care of it. He was a causal plinker, not running it hard. It is hazy but metal wore off the frame to the point where the slide was traveling to far back and would lock up. He asked if it could be fixed and I told him no. He asked if he could possible trade it at a gun show for another gun. I tired to tell him nicely no that maybe someone would pay him $25 for parts.
Old November 27, 2007, 10:52 PM   #11
dajowi

An easy fix to the ammo clip problem would be duct tape which can be matched to any Jennings/Bryco frame or slide finish.
Old November 28, 2007, 09:40 AM   #12
Alleykat

Get a hacksaw (won't have to have a sharp blade for pot metal) and do the right thing!
Old November 28, 2007, 11:24 AM   #13
Willie D

Quote:
#1 "Variable Zero" Front Sight
#2 Double Feed Adaptor
#3 Custom "Stovepipe" Ejection Port
#4 Combination Slide/ Vegetable Slicer
#5 Combination Trigger/ Grip Strength Tester
#6 Jammomatic's "Guide to Cover" Manual

That sounds about right
Old November 29, 2007, 10:50 AM   #14
IdahoG36

Quote:
Could you possibly email me the exploded view of a Bryco 9?
Just shoot some +P through it and you'll see an exploded view firsthand!!
Old December 10, 2007, 08:16 PM   #15
redgrapes

Jennings easily made reliable

When I first bought a jennings j-22 it did all the errors mentioned. The gun liked cci mini mags best though. I did a few modifications to the firing pin, ejector and magazine and I now have a totally reliable gun. After 550 rounds fired I have had only one miss-fire due to the amo. The gun shoots reliably with every brand of ammo I have shot through it even the cheep 10 dollar a brick stuff. You can make a jennings reliable if you take the time to do a little tuning. If you want to know what I did just email me.
Old December 10, 2007, 08:24 PM   #16
redgrapes

gun schematics

This site has several schematics. I didn't see one for a nine but there is one for a j-22 and a 38. Hope it helps
Old December 10, 2007, 08:25 PM   #17
redgrapes

schematic

http://www.stevespages.com/page7b.htm