The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 30, 2007, 10:13 PM   #1
s2krn

Gun safe door organizers

I looked at some browning safes today that had really cool organizers built into the door. It had hooks that held handguns, pockets of various sizes, and other organization parts. Are there any organizers that are made for other safes and where can you get them? Someone has to make these, but I can't find any. I'm not sure if they hook between the door and the fabric covered board or if they screw into the board. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.
Old December 1, 2007, 01:10 PM   #2
a1abdj

Just about every gun safe manufacturer offers additional accessories for their safes. You can usually find them on the manufacturer's website.

In my experience, they are all mostly useless, as no two people are going to use them for the same thing. We've had much better luck custom making whatever we need to make for the customers that require it.
Old December 1, 2007, 03:21 PM   #3
Nortonics

I installed a system that looks a lot like Pistol Pockets - can't remember the name of mine at the moment though.

Velcro holsters attach however you like and allow you to move them around at-will - nice when you have to position them so that the shelving doesn't interfere with closing the door. Works excellent for me, and accept my smallest .22's to my largest .44's.
Old December 1, 2007, 06:51 PM   #4
a1abdj

Nortonics,

Your door system looks like the one that Liberty used to sell. Now they've switched to a sewn pocket system. You safe looks like a Liberty as well.