The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 8, 2007, 10:16 PM   #1
t_baggins

Custom Grips for Tokarev TT?

I bought a Romanian Tokarev today to compliment my Romanian AK. Its built just as stout as its brother and isnt a bad looker either. I shot about 75 rounds from it today and it is quite the flamethrower as well.

Aside from the hideous saftey that I have decided will stay, I cannot stand the grips. They really bring down this otherwise beautiful pistol. I want to put some wood grips ala 1911 on this beauty. Has anyone seen a set for sale? If not could someone point me in the right direction for a custom grip maker that can work with me on some one of a kinds?
Old October 10, 2007, 12:35 PM   #2
t_baggins

Still looking for a set. Any leads would be much appreciated!
Old October 10, 2007, 12:42 PM   #3
TNFrank

IIRC the grips lock onto the frame with a lever on the inside of the grip panel. You might try Gun Parts Corp for a stock replacement set but as for aftermarket, I'm not sure that anyone makes them. The only other option might be getting some blanks and making up your own set.
I can't stand the safeties on Toks either, they originally didn't have one and I think it detracts from the originality of the gun. As for the 7.62x25mm round, it'll burn thru IIIa Kevlar like warm butter, that's why the Chineese Police have special vest rated for the Tok round. Good shooting.