The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 4, 2007, 12:49 PM   #51
New_Pollution1086

Ill be Back

the movie Terminator did it for me, that and someone trying to break into my house when i was five and my dad had just moved out. being the only boy in a house full of girls at an early age seemed to put in me a sense of responability for the wellfare of the women folk even though i was the youngest in the hose by a few years. by the time i was 13 i was doing a patrol around my house with a baseball bat everynight to make sure all was well and locked up before i would go to bed. i would imagine people chasing me and what i would do/use to get out of the made up scenario in my head.
T
- T. Boone Pickens
Old October 5, 2007, 05:00 AM   #52
threegun

Kgpcr, What about folks who don't act like Rambo but who have never been in combat or a lethal encounter? Are we not allowed to voice our opinions simply because we haven't been unfortunate enough to get into a shootout? Will we all crap our pants if such an event happens?

Fortunately the vast majority of folks here have never faced a life and death exchange. Many of us have excellent training and have much to share with others. Most would do perfectly fine in a shootout because of their training. You might fair better because of your experience but that doesn't mean others will crap out. Heck you were a rookie once.