The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 21, 2007, 08:34 AM   #1
captain54

King Shooter Supply/Better Bullets

does anyone have any experience with cast bullets from King Shooter Supply/Better Bullets in PA? address is www.betterbullets.com. They are selling 200gr LSWC in the H&G68 style for $25.00/500. I picked up a box while waiting for back ordered Laser Cast from Cabelas. I just got some loaded for testing purposes, but haven't had a chance to shoot any yet. Just wondering what other peoples opinions are. I believe he is able to ship fairly quickly versus some of the other distributors.
Old May 21, 2007, 02:52 PM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

Never tried them. Give us a report of how they do off the bags and on barrel fouling?
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old May 21, 2007, 07:17 PM   #3
Antipasta

I've used some of theirs under the name "Roger's Better Bullets" - 38/357 148g WC - that I picked up at my local gun shop. They were as good as LaserCast. I think you'll be pleased.
Old May 23, 2007, 10:17 PM   #4
captain54

I loaded 25 laser cast and 25 of the Better bullets both with 5.2gr W231. There was no noticable difference between the two. With closer inspection, and using a rest, there may be a small difference, and I will test further, but at 25.00 per 500 and not having to wait for the back order to be filled, I think that the Better Bullets might just be the ticket. I will give a further update once I get a chance to shoot more of them.
Old May 24, 2007, 10:54 AM   #5
870pilot

overall... with the price of .45 acp jacketed bullets about double than this $25 per 500 deal, what's the opinion of members here on switching over from jack to lead rounds. i've never loaded them in my glock. i'm just wondering about leading the barrel while using these type of bullets for practice.
Old May 24, 2007, 02:44 PM   #6
azredhawk44

Quote:
i've never loaded them in my glock.
Good. Continue to not load them in your glock.

I don't have anything against lead bullets, or against glocks. I own a glock, and I own guns that I shoot lots of lead bullets through.

But the Glock barrel uses something called "polygonal rifling" which is prone to excessive leading when using lead bullets. It is very dangerous to shoot glocks with lead bullets.

Lots of literature on the internet to confirm this.

If you want to shoot lead in your glock, you need to change the barrel to one that uses traditional rifling techniques. Jarvis or Bar-sto, Fire Dragon, something like that.

Again, I shoot lead in my 1911, my XD9, my redhawk 44mag and my sp101 357. But not in my glock due to the barrel.