The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 27, 2007, 08:09 PM   #1
rdelong1

Need help from Hornady 366 Users!!!

I've had a 366 for a few months now and enjoy it alot. From the outset, some stations on the spider wheel do not want to slide the completed shell to the hole. the tendancy is to jam with no shell motion until you help it by hand get started. putting a little oil in the station below the spider wheel seems to help some until the oil drys up. Any ideas on how to make the ejection to the hole more reliable??? Thanks in advance.
Old January 27, 2007, 09:39 PM   #2
roc1

Rdelong1 have you called Hornady?Those guys are always a lot of help with any AP press or casefeeder problems.I would call them and get their input,they always have helped me with parts or problems of any kind.
Good luck
roc1
Old January 28, 2007, 01:44 AM   #3
snuffy

I've used one for years. It sounds like you aren't seating the primers quite deep enough, causing them hang up in the primer seating area. The spring loaded primer station is being held depressed allowing the primer cup to catch on the edge of the base plate. Adjust the primer punch a little deeper.

If that's not it, then it could be a warped or bent spider/shell plate. That would take a call to Hornady for a new one.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?