The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 26, 2007, 11:46 AM   #1
KB5AKO

RCBS Power Case Trimmer - Help!

I have just purchased an RCBS Trim Pro Power Case Trimmer. And, I don't understand how to install / use the motor handle. Customer Service is not open untill Monday; or I would just call them.

I am inserting the handle through the slot in the motor housing in front of and to the left of the pin on the bottom of the motor and attaching the end of the handle to the back of the motor base plate.

However, whenever I attempt to slide the handle to the right and engage the handle into the stop position slot that operates the motor stop switch, the handle binds against the protruding pin on the bottom of the motor. This prevents me from sliding the handle to the right to disengage the motor.

What am I doing wrong?

Victor
Old January 26, 2007, 12:13 PM   #2
Edward429451

Try adjusting the motor to put pressure on the springs, then cinch them down.

Warning! When you get up & running, keep checking the handle hold down bolt, it likes to work loose and will strip the aluminum threads easily. Ask me how I know.

That unit takes a wee bit of getting used to. At first, practice on reject brass instead of your good stuff. Once you're set up and have a perfectly trimmed case, save one for fast setup in the future. Toss it in the die box.