The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 12, 2007, 09:06 PM   #1
DQuealey

Marlin 39A Golden

Hi all. This may be a stupid question but, here goes. I just bought a brand new Marlin 39A Golden and ordered a Bushnell 3-9x32 AO scope with dovetail bases. What, who or how do I obtain a adapter for this scope; that would either be blued to match the rifle or gloss to match the scope???? I've been searching the net for hours. I know very little between the differant 39??? models and have no clue which parts interchange with one another. Can anyone please direct me to the solution....

Thanks in advance, Darrell.
Old January 12, 2007, 10:00 PM   #2
skeeter1

This might be what you're looking for:

http://www.galatiinternational.com/M...t_Code=BS45539

I can't remember what scope base I have on my Marlin 39 -- it's almost 40 years old.
Old January 13, 2007, 12:31 AM   #3
Coltlover

I have a marlin 45/70 it has a Leupold 3-9 with a base similar to this one i never noticed it is more of a gloss black and not a matte finish like the scope. I have had it for 7 years and never noticed. It appears to be more of a blued finish I would think this would work. i am not 100% sure.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-...unt-bases.html
Old January 13, 2007, 12:40 AM   #4
DQuealey

Thank you both so much for the quick response. I need this firearm up and running. It's nice to know I have friends here already....Glad I joined and glad I posted.

This rifle is a lever action rimfire and I need it to accept dovetail rings....Thanks for the suggestions though...

Darrell.
Old January 17, 2007, 02:51 PM   #5
Coltlover

Sorry I seemed to of over looked the very clear “With Dovetail Bases”…. What a dummy. If you have not found some maybe this will help.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/leupold-...ece-bases.html