The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 28, 2006, 07:35 PM   #1
Hedley

+1 to KalinkaOptics, Ruger, and Guns and Goods

I ordered a scope from Kalinka about 2 weeks before Christmas and it arrived without a hitch. Took a while for delivery, but they redeemed themselves by canceling a redundant order I placed on Christmas day. I forgot to get batteries, so I orded a bunch from them before I realized RadioShack carried a similar one. I sent them an email the next day and they credited my Visa the next day. Good operation.

Another thumbs up to Ruger.com for shipping me an engraved Vaquero. I ordered it on the 18th and it was there at the FFL that Friday before Christmas. The pistol is a beauty by the way. As soon as I can, I'll post some pics in the Christmas gift thread.

This was the first time I ever had a firearm shipped to an FFL, and was blown away by how easy it was. I was going to have it shipped here in Austin, but decided it would be easier to have it sent to Harlingen where I would be spending my Christmas holidays. I sent it to Guns and Goods in downtown Harrlingen and only had to spend $25 for the transfer. Local fees here ranged from $35-50. The staff was great and was devoid of any know it all's. I don't know if anyone lives in the valley, but Guns and Goods is a cool little store with a lot of neat old guns. They made my "hardest gift to order" a breeze. Thanks guys!