The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 14, 2006, 02:17 PM   #1
AlaskaMike

RCBS Cast Bullet Luber/Sizer Question

I've got an older RCBS Lubamatic which RCBS apparently doesn't make parts for anymore. Does anyone know if sizer dies and top punches for the Lubamatic2 will work in my old one?

Thanks,
Mike
Old February 14, 2006, 05:12 PM   #2
Poygan

Mike,

I believe they will work. Also, should work in the Lyman. Have you asked RCBS? They have excellent customer service in my experience.
Old February 14, 2006, 05:36 PM   #3
AlaskaMike

Thanks Poygan. I did try calling RCBS customer service a couple of times, but each time I was dropped in a hold queue and eventualy lost patience. I didn't try emailing them though.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old February 14, 2006, 07:40 PM   #4
Jim Thompson

They will work. I've had the old one as well as the new one and have used the same dies in both of them. The new version of this bullet lube sizer is basically like the older one. It has a better ball handle, powder coat finish. It will also take Lyman dies.
Old February 14, 2006, 07:40 PM   #5
Jim Thompson

They will work. I've had the old one as well as the new one and have used the same dies in both of them. The new version of this bullet lube sizer is basically like the older one. It has a better ball handle, powder coat finish. It will also take Lyman dies.
Old February 14, 2006, 07:54 PM   #6
PDshooter

AlaskaMike........I would send RCBS your old lube sizer with a letter. I have broken,stuck cases, case vibrator motor has lock-up twice in 20yrs. All these times RCBS has fix, or replaced whatever "I" screwed up free of charge... What do you have to loose?
Shoot Shovel Shut-up!

Last edited by PDshooter; February 14, 2006 at 11:06 PM.