The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 26, 2000, 10:48 PM   #1
racine

I would like to start reloading these expensive 2" shells for SxS english shotgun and don't know of any reloaders that do this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanvce.
TR
Old September 27, 2000, 09:20 AM   #2
bfoster

You might call (208 687 2231) or write Ponsness Warren, S. 763 Hwy 41, Rathdrum, Idaho, 83858. Talk to Brian Steele. I have a 375c single stage which has been modified to load this cartridge. I did some machine work myself, but P-W provided most of what was needed.

Like other U.S. reloading equipment makers, P-W makes tooling which works best with U.S. designed arms. Chambers on most American designed arms usually have a head end diameter at least a thousandth or two over SAMMI minimum. Before you call, you might want to check the chambers on your gun. I am assuming that it is of English origin. If, like many English guns, the chambers are cut right on the minimum tolerance, be sure to let P-W know. The holder/die needs to be sized to produce cartridges which have adequate clearance in your gun.

Bob
Old September 27, 2000, 02:46 PM   #3
NJW

Go to www.ballisticproducts.com They carry lots of European wads and stuff and they have reloading components and data for 2" shells.

NJW in AZ