The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 8, 2000, 09:16 AM   #1
jetrecbn1

Noticed that international shooting sports were held in Philippines not so long ago. Was wondering if anybody knew the laws regarding gun ownership? Would like to send my uncle a reloader but don't know what's available(powder, bullets, primers, etc). I'm not going to ship powder and primers! Does anyone from TFL know if there are shops in P.I. that have reloading supplies?
Old August 8, 2000, 02:23 PM   #2
slickpuppy

You might try posting over in the handguns forum with Phillipines in the topic. There was a person that posted in that forum that was in the PI. You may also want to try the embassy and get some regs from them. Try their web page or do a search on Phillipines embassy.
Old August 8, 2000, 09:55 PM   #3
Big Bunny

JET -I would spell out "Phillipines" not many know "PI" I feel, you may get a better response maybe.

All hand guns/mil calibres for civillians are apparently banned in Phils and under Marcos there was a rifle amesty.No compo.

However U/O rifle/shotguns and pure trap-guns are owned by some of my relations in Luzon/Manilla -legally. But it depends upon who you are and who you see/enrich. I guess your uncle would have passed that hurdle as all he needs is a reloader.

The country is awash with locally made and imported illegal firearms, so rather than sending an obviously gun related item(which can be pilfered or grabbed by authorities...or both!!) IMHO send some $USD so he can buy what he needs right there without attracting too much attention ?

The Pacific Shooting Games you spoke about were cancelled in the days of Corrie Aquino I believe, despite enthusiastic local lobbying the PC camp won out. [Definitely NOT macho!]

Unless your relation has a difficult calibre I would say for a few $US(1=abt35pesos?)he would have ammo coming out of his pockets after your transfer !

Stick with it, 'there always is a way'.....

------------------
If we shooting sportspersons don't hang together... we will all hang separately !
Never knock another's different shooting interest or discipline...REMEMBER we are all but leaves on the same tree of freedom.