The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 15, 2005, 03:07 PM   #26
USP45usp

Quote:
I would love to hear the thoughts from others on the topic I tried to touch down on and see just how polluted my viewpoint really is.
Not polluted what so ever. It's frustration.

As I'm sure I frustrate some here, they don't realize that they frustrate me also. Goes with life, and that is one aspect that make it worth living.

I have noticed one thing, that even with a small community we tend to ripe each other apart and have much fighting. And I will not be the first one to cast the first stone, I know that I am guilty of the same.

One of the things that I can't understand is why we push ourselves further from one another and then "lock on" to certain individuals. I will be the first to step up and admit, I have done and do the same. Yet I will also be the first one to step up and say, I will still read them, and quite surprisingly, I will find myself in agreement with them at times (I don't mention it anymore since I got a PM from one of those that accused me of being friendly because I actually agreed with him on a couple of points... couldn't win from losing sort of speak).

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we should be in lock step with each other, too many things going on in our part of the world for that to happen. There are also human factors, instant dislike, even hate, for another. The "stead fastness" of your ways. The closing of the mind, when one disagrees with your philosophy or thoughts.

Individual thought is what makes the world go around.

We could actually do something about our situation if we put our mind to it, thought it out, listened, absorbed what is being said, research, and then adding to the plan. Instead of bickering, yelling, name-calling, and disrespect of another's opinion or post as have been shown for the last couple of months. It does nothing for our cause, it does nothing to help.

Wayne.
Old October 15, 2005, 05:13 PM   #27
cuate

Excellent posts, you guys are really thinking! We all have an invisable personality sphere in which we do not want others to intrude. It varies in size in relation to the owner's personality. To listen to others and let them in for a moment can be rewarding.
Old October 15, 2005, 05:43 PM   #28
StormTrooper

Wayne,

Not in effort to make friends, because it will or wont happen, but the last few posts you have laid down are a very welcome sight. Not to say I agree with all you say, though I might, but your comments on treating eachother politely, with respect and the understanding that we are all here for common interest is great and I hope all the vet's and newcomers find themselves reading that....twice if need be. I am here because I wanted to be part of a group, though online, part of a group none the less who I have an interest with. As well as a place I can learn from others and share my own experience and thought. That is priority one for my existance in this forum, not name calling or to say my gun is always better than yours, or you obviously have no idea what you are talking about(which I saw just this afternoon...you know who you are). Back to the subject, I hope through all of our posting and sharing of ideas, if not today then in our near future we as a community of people can hopefully find a way to increase the peace and to retain the rights as Americans that we deserve. To live freely, peacfully and to protect ourselves as necessary, and above all to find unconditional respect for eachother.
Old October 16, 2005, 08:14 PM   #29
k9lwt

"It can't happen here, you're so paranoid"

I didn't even have to open the post to know that this is comopletely false... Horrible things happen anywhere, anytime, to anyone. The only difference is preparedness and reaction. I am not paranoid about anything. I do realize that horrible things happen all the time and hope that I am prepared for anything. I am a very reasonable, rational person, but I also know that people are the most unpredictable things in the world.
Old October 16, 2005, 09:09 PM   #30
USP45usp

I never had the chance to welcome you, welcome.

[Quote]I didn't even have to open the post to know that this is comopletely false[Quote]

As the originator of this thread, please go back and read.
Quote:
Horrible things happen anywhere, anytime, to anyone. The only difference is preparedness and reaction. I am not paranoid about anything. I do realize that horrible things happen all the time and hope that I am prepared for anything. I am a very reasonable, rational person, but I also know that people are the most unpredictable things in the world.
My point exactly. Maybe at times, it's best to go from the first to the last in order to understand the middle .

Wayne
Old October 17, 2005, 06:36 PM   #31
k9lwt

Thanks USP,

By saying that this was a completely false quote, I was agreeing with you. I think it's funny that some people actually believe things like that to be true...